eight ✬

these past two days have been so amazing, i've been staying with kristin and kyle but have been hanging out with brock for the two days. our days were filled with him going to practice then when he'd bring me over to his place it was back-to-back horror movies, food takeout, long conversations, getting to know each other, and kisses.

it was now thursday and we were having a date night. he had practice today so by the time he was off and went home and got ready we'd head out to dinner downtown at mastro's steakhouse.

it was 5:30 and he was home getting ready, i was in the guest bedroom at the juszczyk home finishing my makeup, doing my hair, and putting on my outfit. the took me about two hours.

by the time i was finished, brock said he was outside and was walking in soon. i go see kristin quickly before i head out.

"natalia, natalia, nat, NAT! you look fucken gorgeous! oh my god, i love it. i can't even." she hypes me up, she hugs me before walking over to the door once she hears the doorbell ring.

obviously, it was brock. he looks at me and lets out a huge smile, i start feeling my face turn red and my palms sweaty.

"my girl, you look, gorgeous," he says, i say bye to kristin and brock intertwines our hands together and takes me to the car. he opens the door for me and goes to his seat.

the entire car ride, we listened to taylor swift, i'm a huge swiftie. we held hands the entire time and chatted a bit more. this was everything to me.

we finally got to the steakhouse, the valet took the car as we entered and immediately got seated. the waiter showed us the menu and we ordered. i was very simple, a simple steak for me was perfectly fine.

"i can't get over how beautiful you look, like how did i even get a chance with you? how'd i get so lucky?" he tells me and grabs my hand from across the table

"just imagine how i see you from my own eyes," i tell him, he's always complimenting me but to me, he was the most perfect man ever, he wonders how he got lucky but i wonder how i got so lucky.

these past two days made me realize i might just love this man. i love how his smile takes over half his face, i love how soft his hair is, how he hugs with so much love, i love how he's a great listener and gives his entire attention when somebody's telling a story, how he's interested in every detail. i love how much of a gentleman he is, you don't get that nowadays.

would i even tell him i love him? i feared being vulnerable and then noticing that and taking advantage of my vulnerability.

i snapped out of my thoughts as the food came, we did a quick prayer and ate. he began to tell me about his day and how the boys on the team teased about how whipped he was.

"they're happy you're going on sunday, they want to meet you. they said the last game you were at i played so good, they want you at every game til we get to the playoffs," he says, i laugh, i did notice how much more energy he had at the last game i attended.

"i mean, are you whipped as they say you are?" i jokingly ask

"isn't it obvious?" he laughs as he takes a bite of his food, we chatted a bit longer before finishing up our food.

i pulled out my card, i wasn't the type to expect a guy to pay for me. but here was brock purdy who was insisting he pays, i told the waiter to take my card instead.

"nat, seriously why would i ever let you pay?" he gets my card from the waiter and puts his instead. the waiter takes his card, and i roll my eyes at him and cross my arms.

the waiter comes back and returns the card, we head out and he places his arm around my waist and walks me to the passenger seat then walks to his. he starts driving, and it is now quiet.

"natalia, are you seriously mad because i didn't let you pay?" he grips my thigh as his left hand is on the steering wheel. i ignore him till he gets back to kristin's house.

i open the door and he shows up to grab my hand, he lets out a loud chuckle and i stare him down. "why are you laughing?" i ask, and he stops laughing.

"baby, why are you mad? you seriously thought i was going to take you to a pricey steakhouse and let you pay? with me, you'll never pay," he answers me, i roll my eyes.

"nat, i feel like there's more to this, what's going on?" he asks, i shrug and head towards the door, he gets in front of me.

i looked and quickly notice nobody's car was there, kristin and kyle probably went out for dinner. i look back at brock who is desperately waiting for me to respond to him.

"nobody knows what i do, work-wise. people think i'm just a regular girl, a mystery girl. last thing i need is people thinking'm in it for the money." i look away from him, and he cups my face and makes me face him directly.

"let me ask you something, are you actually in it for the money?" he asks, i shake my head no, and i tell him about the stuff i've been reading on social media lately.

"you know you have your career, shit, you probably make more money than me. why would you ever let anybody get to you? let alone somebody behind a screen. you never let anybody make you feel what you don't want to feel. when you feel this way nat, i need you to tell me. all i ask is that you communicate with me, im all about communication." he says, i nod knowing he was right. it was a moment of weakness, part of me was glad this was cleared up.

"i love you, i know it's early but i want to get that out of the way. i love you, brock. you don't have to say it back but." he cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine, i'm assuming he loves me too?

he pulls away, "i love you too, so much more. from the moment i met you i knew i had to know you." he says and kisses me again, we're standing outside right in front of the doorway, and we had kissed for about 3 minutes before walking in. i walk over to the kitchen and put my bag on the counter, i look at my phone and text kristin about her whereabouts. she tells me they went out to dinner and won't be home for about an hour.

"you know, the house is empty? and kristin and kyle won't be home for about another hour," i say, his eyes widen and his smile becomes bigger, he grabs my hand and we quickly head to the guest bedroom and locked the door.

a/n:

another update! thanks again, for all the support.

- daya ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚