sixteen ✬

later that day, i was over at kristin's house, she was designing something for ayesha curry, wife of steph curry. i was trying to be useful and was helping her cut up the jersey. we had some wine, not too much.

i brought up the conversation me and brock had, she didn't seem too surprised that it'd be brought up. we also talked about his birthday coming up and my plans for that day.

"nat, if i was him and you gave up part of your life just to move in with me, i'd put a ring on you too," she says, i look at her playfully roll my eyes.

"you know what, i'm probably just being dramatic. he probably doesn't even have that running around in his mind. i'm reading too much into this." i say and she raises her eyebrow and smirk. i chose to let it go and not talk about it.

majority of the time i just watched kristin finish the outfit and drank more wine. she decided she was done for the night and would continue tomorrow in the afternoon, i'd be back soon to 'help'.

kyle was sitting on the couch watching brooklyn nine nine, the best series out there by the way. we joined him, and as minutes went by he broke the silence.

"how is your job search going?" he asks, i sigh and begin to tell him how hard it is.

"you know, you can always join the 49ers social media team. not like you don't have the experience, you're the perfect fit. once they see you worked for the lakers, BOOM! instant job, girly." he snaps his fingers, and i let out a laugh as kristin questions him about 'girly'

"i could, but, i just think brock doesn't want me to work at all," i tell him, he widens his eyes.

"wow, housewife material! he should just might as well put a ring on it and have kids, dude." he jokes, i look at kristin and she's smiling.

"no legit, i might have to talk to him about it," i say, we continue watching the show before i realize i have a boyfriend at home who's probably, wrong word, who's definitely waiting for us to head to bed. he didn't have practice tomorrow so we'd be spending the morning together.

for his birthday, we were taking a trip to arizona, he wasn't aware of this trip. i brought up the plan to his family and they thought it was perfect, my family would also be flying out to arizona as well. i invited some of the players and their lovely wives too.

we were going to have a cookout with a beautiful cake, that was the plan. this was the first time my family was meeting his so i was very nervous and happy at the same time, my parents would finally get to meet my second family.

i had said my goodbyes to kyle and kristin, i got in my car, and drove home. it was already 10 pm, once i got home i went straight to our room to find brock asleep. i join him and go into his arms.

"goodnight, i love you," he says and pulls me closer, my safe space.

tuesday was here, and brock's birthday was eight days away. this morning we went out for breakfast, he had drove to san jose and we had chicken and waffles. the best combination ever.

as we were sitting down eating i wondered if it'd be a good idea to bring up what kyle had told me, to apply for the media team.

"so, i was thinking about applying to the 49ers media team." i say, he looks up at me.

"na-." i cut him off, i know his answer, i know he'd refuse,

"brock, you have to understand that i'm so used to working and doing something. i'm used to waking up and knowing i have a long day of work ahead of me. i love being here with you but i need to do something." i say, he looks at me and nods.

"i just feel like you gave up so much for me, all i want to do is take care of you. i promised your dad you'd be good. i-i-i, i just want to give you the world. if i could give you the moon and the stars along with the world, i would. i want you to feel that when you're with me you shouldn't have any worries." he grabs my hands, he is the sweetest person alive.

"i love you, so much. i know that when i'm with you i'll always be good, i don't ever have any worries when in with you. but i think i want to do this," i tell him, and he nods.

"i'll bring it up tomorrow, we're going to get you that job," he says, my smile grows.

"i also want to talk about something with you," he says, my happy expression turns into a worried one, i wait to see what he has to say.

"obviously we're moved in, but nick and i talked. i think, no, i know, we need our own space. i know nick is barely there, but natalia i want you to know that this isn't just a relationship. i see us moving towards something more. i hope you see that too." he tells me, this man knew how to get me to almost cry.

"brock, of course, i see this heading towards something more. it's you, you're the person i see myself being with forever. we can find a house, nick can stay with us for as long as he wants." i say

"well, nick is staying at our current place. obviously, he'd move his girlfriend in. well, his soon-to-be fiancé. he's proposing to her in a month or so." he tells me, my eyes widened.

"what? oh my god. i feel like everybody's talking about marriage nowadays. but, i'm happy for him. you know, audrey has been suspicious too. she talked about it at brunch last time." i tell him, i feel his hands begin to get sweaty as i continue to hold them.

"do girls usually know when they're about to get proposed to?" he asks

"a little bit. the guys definitely make it a little obvious. they'll tell their girlfriends to get their nails done, get their hair done, and boom, they become fiancé's." i say, i've definitely seen tiktok's where that was the case.

"well when that time comes for us, i promise you won't know or suspect anything." he jokes, i let out a laugh. a part of me starts to wonder when. i wasn't in a rush, just a little thought.

we continued to finish eating and talking. after he dropped me off at kristin and kyle's house so i could finish helping her. might just have to be her permanent helper, i know one day she'd be big. my best friend.

⋆୨♡୧⋆

a/n: here's another chapter! i work today but when i get off i'll start writing another chapter😇

- daya °❤︎°