nine ✬

it was friday, brock didn't have practice today so we were downtown running errands, his errands. so far we had coffee and some breakfast, now, we were looking for a game day fit for him.

this sunday they were playing against the cleveland browns. i followed him around small stores and helped him pick out something he might like, he said he was just looking for a leather jacket to complete the outfit he had at home.

we went through a couple of stores and finally found something at urban outfitters, he found a leather jacket and tried it on.

"how does this look? does this jacket give off the vibes like maybe after sunday's game we could repeat the events of last night?" he winked at me and laugh

"why wait for after sunday's game when we repeat last night's event every day?" i joke, he drops the leather jacket and grabs my arm, and i let out a loud laugh.

"brock, i'm just kidding. contain yourself mr christian boy," i say, he looks at me with a frown which makes me laugh even more, and he picks up the leather jacket from the floor.

"why would you play with my emotions?" he asked in a bummed-out tone, he continued to try on the leather jacket and said he was going to take it. we walk to the register and she starts scanning.

the retail worker tells him his total and he inserts his card, she puts his item in a bag and hands it over. as we walk out i'm stopped by a familiar voice.

"nani?" i turned around and it was klay thompson, i went over and hugged him, and he hugged me back. i introduce him to brock.

"hey man, how's it going? ready for your game on sunday?" he asks brock, i don't know why this interaction felt weird.

"yessir ready to give it our all, good luck on your game next week against the lakers once again," he says and gives klay a little smile, i know klay felt awkward so he turns to me.

"well, it was good seeing you guys, nice meeting you brock. nani, i'll see you next week. have a good mini vacay, you deserve it." he hugged me and waved goodbye, and we continued to walk out.

i put my arm around brock's arm as we walked down the sidewalk, to his car. i just know that entire interaction bothered brock. i wasn't too sure why though? he opens the passenger seat for me and walks over to his, he drives me back to kristin's house. the fifteen-minute drive was filled with pure silence.

once he got to the front of the juszczyk's home, i looked over at him and we made direct eye contact.

"you know, for somebody who says you're all about communication skills, you sure lack it." i broke the silence, what i said didn't sit right with him.

"why does he call you nani? that doesn't sit right with me," he tells me, i scrunch my forehead and i know the worst thing to do in this situation is laugh but i let out a chuckle anyway.

"dude, are you being serious? we've been friends for a long time," i say

"did you gatekeep your name with him too?" he asks me, i begin to realize this entire argument was so ridiculous, he was being ridiculous.

"you know what, i traveled over here for you, put work aside for you and you're acting like this? brock, it isn't that serious. it's just klay, but you've already made up your mind on what you believe so i'm just going to go. have a good night purdy." i say and walk away from him, he gets back in his car and drives off.

i'm still shocked to as why he was acting like that? where this was coming from? i felt tears stroll down my face and i quickly wiped them. he told me to never let anybody make me feel what i don't ever want to feel. i feel so stupid, i told him i loved him. i walk in and see kristin and kyle having breakfast on their kitchen island.

i walk over to them, and kristin notices something is wrong with me, when she asks me what's wrong that's when i had let everything out. they both comforted me and kyle said he was going to go talk to him.

in the meantime, i sat with kristin and explained to her over and over the interaction with klay to do if there wasn't anything i did wrong. oh god, i hope this gets better.

a/n:
a little something before i go to sleep! sorry i had to do this to you guys and make them argue lol! okay, goodnight. thank you guys for all the support, i love reading the comments.

- daya ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚