(You) Drive me Crazy

You're having me followed. Why? You trust me Anika. With every bone in your body you trust me. Why would you have me followed? Is it because of Cookie? She is driving us apart. Don't you see that? Of course not. That's why I need to get rid of her but I cannot do that if you are having me followed. Please my love. I beg of you to trust me once more. I know I'm late but that doesn't give enough reason to send a P.I after me. I can hear you chopping away in the kitchen and I haven't even set foot inside the door yet. That's alot considering you can't cook. You're furious. The floors are going to open up and hell is going to swallow me whole. All the doors are about to fling open with law enforcements and I'll never see you again. Anika...... I'm not the problem here.

He used the spare key and unlocked the door, slowly walking into the house. "You're late," Anika voiced as she took a sip of wine then went back to chopping carrots. "I'm sorry. Traffic-" "Stop apologizing. You'll get to apologize on my terms." Lucious looked at in disbelief. He couldn't quite read her in that moment. "Understood....... is everything okay?" She looked at him from the corner of her eye with disgust. "I don't know you tell me." "I'm just asking because when I was coming in there was a man leaving. He looked like some kind of officer." Anika sighed as she dumped the carrots in a pot.

"That was Alex Grigoryon. He's a private detective. My family has used him for years. He's the most discreet person we know." "And he was here why?" "I hired him to look into Shani. Something about her isn't sitting right with me." Spinning, she opened the refrigerator and grabbed the chicken. "You say this like it's so normal," Lucious muttered. "It is when you're a Calhoun." A weight of relief dropped off his back as he then realized something. "Why wouldn't you say something?" "Because it's not a big deal unless he finds something." "I think hiring a P.I. is actually a big deal. I'm just shocked that you're so casual about it."

Anika slammed the knife down on the counter and looked his way. "I don't even know why you're freaking out, you don't even like her! What's the big deal?" Taking a pause, Lucious took a second to find the right words. "Would you hire someone to follow me?" "I don't know why? Should I? Have you been truthful with me? You got skeletons in your closet that I need to look into?" Lucious shook his head. There was no way they were having this discussion. "There are people out here that take advantage of people with money. People like fucking Cris. He's not the brightest in the book it wouldn't be the first time he gave a bitch a lot of money and she just took off. I'm looking out for my brother. I'm not going to apologize for protecting my family. Ever!"

"I get that babe. I just think-" "What!? That I'm some spoiled rich girl. Independent but always has a golden parachute if I need it." "Yes and no," he confessed. If he had said nothing, his face would've told on him with the quickness. Anika sighed heavily, her hands on the counter as her head dropped. "I get how it's too much....... I'll call Alex in the morning and tell him to stop the investigation." "I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to go through this and feel the need to do these things. I'm also sorry for being late-" Grabbing the melted butter that had began to cool, she poured it on his head. "Don't. Apologize." Lucious licked his lips, the butter coating his face. He pulled her closer to him. The embrace making her giggle. "Salmonella? Really?" "You're an idiot," she giggled, pecking his lips. "I'm sorry too." He leaned down giving her a deeper kiss.

He just needed her to stop worrying about Cookie and let him handle her. As long as she let this bottled up worrying float away, he could get Cookie out of the picture with ease. While the two spent the night making up, Cookie rolled her eyes as she watched Cris pace back and forth on the phone. She needed to do some scoping and just when she was about to head over to Lucious' place, the man child summoned her for support. Playing the role of a supportive girlfriend to a spoiled dumb ass was hard to do. It was more draining than watching an actual child. "Ray come on. Look just match Travis. Don't you want to be apart of something new? Something that doesn't have conspiracy theories and death attached to it? I'm building something with creative freedom for everyone."