The Flip

[UNEDITED]

Enjoy this reversal!

Strolling through the halls of Empire Cookie sighed. There was nothing in life like being the HBIC. Through blood, bodies, sweat, and tears to come out here on top. Somewhere she never thought she'd be. Running a successful record label. Known for making stars in the industry. So many counted her out, so many stood in her way. Yet she still prevailed her streets smarts and motherly drive to provide her motivation. Heading up to her office her phone dinged. An emergency message from Becky. Something about a man in her damn office. She wondered why in the hell she even paid Becky if she couldn't do her job. Lucky for her Cookie was already on her way up. With a single the elevator opened up, Cookie coming face to face with a shaken Becky.

"....He's in there." Becky whispered.

"Why are you whispering girl?!" Cookie snapped not in the mood for the shit when she was having such a good day. Becky peeked at the open double doors to the office.

"A gun...hes got a gun. I paged security." Becky whispered out, Cookies whole face changed right before Becky's eyes. A deadly calm taking over.

"Dont worry about it. Tell Webb to give me a moment." Cookie spoke strolling torwards her office with confident strides. Becky watched the woman confused on how to respond. Standing in her doorway Cookie looked around seeing an empty office. Turning she gave a nod to Becky as she shut her doors. Quickly walking over to her desk and grabbing her gun. Peeking out on her balcony to check for a person she heard something being knocked over in the bathroom. Gliding over she stood off to the side waiting for the door to open. Hearing someone clearing their throat the door opened. A male stepping out finding a gun pressed to the side of their head out of nowhere.

"You got a death wish rolling up on me."Cookie spoke her voice cold.

"Good to see you too Cookie." Came in response the voice making Cookie freeze. Turning his head to look at her she blinked rapidly. Staring back at her looking just as fine as the last time she saw him was Lucious Lyon. The father of her three sons, her ex-husband.

"Dont got nothing to say?" He pressed pushing the gun out his face. He had so much shit planned to throw at her but as he looked into her eyes he forgot them all. How the hell did she look so good? He was hoping when he saw her she looked fucked up but she looked just as beautiful as the last time he saw her snitching ass face. That thought hitting him hard he closed hiself off glaring at her. Just as quickly as he shut down so did she. Looking him up and down she chuckled walking away. Lucious's jaw ticked taking her disrespect.

" When did you get out?" Cookie tossed out putting her gun back in its hiding spot. Glad she didnt have to dirty her office today. Her polished floors saved another deep cleaning.

"A few days ago." He answered shortly walking torwards her desk. No matter how sexy she looked to him he couldn't get passed the snitch in bold letters across her face. Because of her he did 17 years alone, divorced behind those ruthless bars. While she lived out her life building the company they dreamed he rotted away in a cell day after day. Yet she had the nerve to act nonchalant in his presence. His rage hot inside as he watched her make herself a drink.

"You see your sons?" She questioned swirling the liquor in her glass.

"Jamal..." He gritted out, she took a good look at his face and laughed.

"Uh oh find out he's gay huh?"

"How the fuck could you let that happen?!!" Lucious growled out, she rose a brow at him thanking not heard that Philly accent from anyone in years. It waking up the other side of her. Prison had done him good, muscular from what she could see. Being around so many well put together people a day seeing him in simple sweats and a sweatshirt doing wonders for her. Looking him up and down slowly she shrugged.