F is For Family

"We will be there in ten minutes..." You held the phone to your ear as you walked down the street, talking to your mom.

"Okay, bunny! Are you and your friend hungry I just made dinner?"

"No, we just ate thank you."

"Well, how about some desert?"

"We will see...be there in a few." hanging up the phone you looked at Sukuna with pleading eyes. "Can you please -"

"Behave?" he chuckled under his breath.

"Sukuna...I'm being serious... these are my parents, please be respectful. Please ." you begged him to listen. Yes, it would be easy to pass him on to someone else and get rid of your headache but there was no way you could do that with a good conscious. You could almost imagine the bloody news the very next day.

The vampire grumbled in irritation, "I behaved for you within that peasant's house. What more do you want from me?"

"That..." that was what he thought behaving looked like? "You need to know what not to say around Tsumiki she's a child..."

"That's stupid. A child her age during my time was already well-skilled with a dagger and worked like anyone else."

"Tsumiki is-"

"Soft. Like the rest of this fucking world."

"I- I didn't think about that." Maybe Sukuna was doing what you asked. The best that he could within this era. "You are right..." you stopped, turning to face him as you apologized. "I'm sorry." He looked a bit surprised by your apology. After he didn't speak you continued. "You were behaving yourself and I thank you for that. However... you still need a bit of work... We speak to children differently now."

"Yes, you lie to them."

"No... we kind of... choose our words wisely."

"Everyone lies to each other now. It's pathetic and the world is filled with cowards."

"Well... sometimes lying... Protects someone. Sometimes knowing the truth is a bit more than one could take... or we try to let people down gently... but you don't have to be so mean about it. Especially to children."

"I will attempt to hold my tongue."

"Thank you." That will probably be the best you were going to get with him. Getting to your house you used your key to unlock the door, stepping inside you shouted, "Hello!"

"Hello, bunny!" Your mom came around the corner with her arms raised.

"Hi Mom!" you chirped happily as the two of you hugged.

She kissed both your cheeks affectionately, "How nice of you to drop by-oh!" your mother looked at Sukuna with raised brows looking between the two of you. "And... who is this... young man?" she chuckled nervously looking Sukuna up and down. He definitely didn't scream boyfriend material or take home to Mama and Papa.

"This is Sukuna. Ryomen Sukuna." you watched carefully as you said the vampire's name but you saw no recognition within her facial expressions. If anything she looked concerned.

"Pleasure to meet you." Sukuna held out his hand and shook your mother's hand. Okay, this is a good start.

"And you are... (Y/n)'s?" She looked between the two of you as she nervously tucked her hands in her knitted cardigan.

"Mom I have something to tell you..." you began placing your hand upon your mark. "Is Dad here?"

"Uh... yes... (Dad's name)!" she screamed it almost frightfully.