chapter two: your personality

It had been a week since the day he finally put a stop to the distressing behaviour of the woman who had ruined his peaceful life. For a week, he stopped going to work and only went out somewhere close in his big, oversized clothes. Even after changing his image from keeping a long hair to cutting it short, he was still careful for the one week he decided to have a break.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming in today, noona. Relax..", he said to the caller that had been bugging him since he woke up that morning.

While he was wearing his work shoes, he smiled as he listened to the unending complaints on the other end.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'm on my way out now. Is there anything else, noona?", he asked as he opened the door, ready to leave his apartment. "Then, I see you at the cafe.", he said before the other person nagged again, reminding him that it is her off day and they would not meet at work. "I'm sorry. See you tomorrow then.", he chuckled before ending the call.

As he got out and closed the door, he froze when he turned to see someone standing next to him while looking at him quietly.

"Good morning, Ms Park.", he greeted her with a little tilt of his head.

She seemed flustered before bowing at him, "Good morning.."

As she looked up again, she saw him extending his hand at her.

"My name is Jeon Jungkook. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself before this.", he said warmly.

"Oh.", Chaeyoung slowly accepted his handshake while observing the tattoos visible along his right arm. "Nice to meet you, Mr Jeon.", she added softly.

"Um...are you...heading out?", he asked.

Chaeyoung tried to remain relaxed and nodded, "Yeah, I'm heading out somewhere."

Jungkook pointed to the far end of the floor, "Then, let's go together."

"What?", she seemed surprised.

He was a little surprised with her reaction too.

"To the elevator. Over there.", he pointed again since he had no other way or direction to avoid her even if he wanted to.

Chaeyoung looked at the elevator direction before realizing that she might have mistaken his words.

"Right, the elevator.", she said shyly before Jungkook smiled at her.

"After you, then.", he indicated, letting her go first.

♡♡♡

When Jungkook arrived at GoldenGrove Cafe, his two staff beamed in happiness as they saw him entering the establishment.

"Welcome to- oh, it's the boss! Good morning, boss!", the part-timer, Hyunjin greeted with salutation.

"Good morning, boss!", Yeji smiled widely from the counter.

Jungkook nodded to them, "Good morning, guys. How's everything here? All good, you two?"

Yeji and Hyunjin locked eyes with each other sharply. Jungkook chuckled at the growing tension between the two younger ones.

"Jieun told me you guys bicker all the time but none of you say anything about it when I texted you on any update here.", he said as he made his way behind the counter.

"It's him, boss! He's annoying me every day.", Yeji pointed to Hyunjin.

Jungkook smiled as he put on his apron.

"She's the one who always nagging me and ordering me around!", Hyunjin retaliated as he approached the counter.

"Well, I'm a permanent staff and you're a part-timer."