chapter sixteen: your enemy

Jungkook was about to leave for work when he heard a scream outside of his apartment. The voice was familiar to him before he opened the door to see Hank barking outside of Chaeyoung's apartment. He stepped out and saw the reason she was screaming in the morning.

"Chaeyoung!", he picked up the stacked photos that were stabbed with a knife and checked it thoroughly.

"Jungkook, don't.", Chaeyoung was scared.

Jungkook looked carefully at each photo and found a familiar signature written at the back of one of them. He cursed under his breath before he hugged Chaeyoung, whose hands were trembling in front of him. He recognized the signature, it was similar to the letter he received a month ago.

♡♡♡

"Damn it! Show me the CCTV now!!", Jungkook slammed the table in front of the security guard with anger visible on his face. "Where's your boss?! Take me to-"

"Jungkook, Jungkook, calm down!", Yoongi pulled Jungkook away from grabbing the security guard's collar.

Seokjin and Hoseok also rushed over to stop the argument between Jungkook and the security guard before anyone got hurt.

"This person here is disrupting my investigation!", Jungkook pointed at the man in uniform with gritted teeth.

"Jungkook, you're not supposed to do this by yourself. Calm down.", Yoongi tried to tell him.

Seokjin pushed him back from putting his hand on the unlucky security guard.

"Jungkook, I've met the security guard's head officer. He said they will not going to cooperate without a police warrant but...you need to calm down. I have a plan.", Hoseok whispered his last sentence to Jungkook.

His eyes looked sharp at Hoseok.

"Trust me.", he reassured Jungkook.

♡♡♡

Jungkook rang the bell again while Hoseok and Seokjin waited at his apartment's opened door. They were eager to tell Chaeyoung their plan but it seemed like she was not going to cooperate with them. When Jungkook rang the bell one more time, he finally heard a voice coming from inside of her apartment.

"Ha, Jeon Jungkook. It's you.", Lisa walked out and closed the door slightly. "What do you want, Mr Jeon?", she asked him.

"Lisa. Um...is Chaeyoung inside?", he asked her.

Lisa crossed her arms, "What else do you want with my best friend? She told me about what had happened. I didn't expect it's because of you."

Jungkook nodded, admitting his fault.

"I'm very sorry, Lisa. Please...let me see her. I have something to talk with her, please..", he pleaded.

"No, Jungkook. I won't let you near her anymore. I can't believe I was wrong all these while. I thought you could be the man who's going to change her mind about love-"

"Lisa, I'm ready.", Chaeyoung appeared at the door with a big bag on her left hand.

All of them including Seokjin and Hoseok looked at her.

"Chaeyoung, where are you going?", Jungkook asked, he stepped closer to her but she stepped back from him.

"I'm taking her out of here. It's best for her to stay away from you. Now, back off.", Lisa pushed Jungkook aside.

"What? No..Chaeyoung, please...give me a chance to speak with you. Please...", Jungkook said as he tried to get close to her.

She stepped back each time he came closer.