chapter seventeen: your story

Three days had passed since Jungkook and Chaeyoung played their parts to catch the obsessive predator, but it seemed like they needed to work more on their acting.

According to Seokjin, they needed to appear together more often because that was the only way to lure his stalker into the apartment again.

"Is this really necessary, hyung?", Jungkook asked.

"Yes. You two have to spend time together more. Not just seeing each other in the morning and parting ways to work after some small interactions. You two should go out, spend time with each other like normal couple do.", Seokjin answered.

Jungkook pulled his hair in frustration, "But we're not a couple, hyung..."

"Yeah but your stalker thinks you're a couple. Now, get up and take a shower. I've informed Hobi to tell Chaeyoung and she's okay with it.", Seokjin said while showing the messages he exchanged with Hoseok on his phone.

"She's okay with it?", Jungkook asked.

"Yes! Now, go. Don't let your girlfriend wait too long.", Seokjin pulled Jungkook up and dragged him to the bathroom.

♡♡♡

Chaeyoung was not feeling good about her ex-boyfriend's response to her on social media. Since she greeted him after he accepted her follow request, he did not reply until yesterday when she was on her way back from work.

AquariusRose: Hi. (seen 3 days ago)

Real_loey: Hey (seen recently)

"Should I ask him right away what he wanted from me?", Chaeyoung asked Bogum on the phone.

Initially, she wanted to call Lisa, but she remembered that Lisa was on a flight to New York for a photoshoot there.

"He just replied 'hey' and nothing else?", Bogum said.

"Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure how to continue from that. It seems like he doesn't know anything or he pretends to not know anything, oppa. Do you think I should just confront him for his comments?", Chaeyoung replied.

"You can try, but make sure your words don't sound provoking or threatening him. We don't know his motive for leaving those comments on your videos. He might be playing around to get your attention, Chaeyoung.", Bogum told her.

She agreed before getting interrupted by the knock on the guest room's door, "Oppa, I have to go. I'll call you later?"

"Okay, sure."

After the call, Chaeyoung headed to the door and opened it with a smile on her face.

"Chaeyoung, Jungkook is outside.", Hoseok informed her.

"Oh, okay.", she replied as she grabbed her handbag before following Hoseok to the front door.

"Hi..Chaeyoung.", Jungkook greeted as he saw her.

She gave him a quick smile before saying goodbye to Hoseok and Seokjin. Then, she followed Jungkook to go to the elevator together.

"They should date for real.", Seokjin commented quietly as he and Hoseok witnessed the two young couple leaving.

"They already look real.", Hoseok replied.

Seokjin shook his head, "No, they can't start something with this issue. This isn't real enough."

Hoseok nodded, "Hmm...agreed."

♡♡♡

Chaeyoung was not really okay about going out with Jungkook alone. She just agreed to what they planned because she wanted to distract herself from her own problem. She knew that if she kept thinking about it, it could affect her daily life, especially her job as a tutor.