chapter eight: your feelings

Chaeyoung pouted at how Hank was rejecting the peanut butter treats that she attempted to make for him. The puppy licked the treat a little before leaving it to play with his toys instead. Chaeyoung sighed as she put the treat back in Hank's bowl.

"This can't be. I need his help.", she took her phone and decided to ask Jungkook.

She was typing the message before pausing and thinking, "I can buy from the store.." She nodded to herself before putting her phone away, "I don't need his help."

DING DONG!

"Oh my!", she jumped as she heard the doorbell rang.

Hank was quick to run to the door while she was telling herself to calm down.

"It's just the doorbell...", slowly, she got up from the sofa and walked to the door to see who was ringing her doorbell.

Hank was already barking with its tail moving excitedly.

"Shh...calm down, Hankie..", she told him before she peered through the peephole. "Oh no!", she stepped back quickly once she saw who it was. "Hankie, stop. Stop barking, please..", she hushed her puppy while the doorbell rang again.

Hank started to kick the door as if asking her to open it.

"Alright, alright. Calm down, Hankie..", she said as she slowly opened the door.

As the door opened wide, Hank quickly ran outside and jumped into Jungkook's arms.

"Oh, hey!", he swiftly picked up Hank before Chaeyoung asked him to give Hank to her. "He's so active.", he said as he carefully put Hank in Chaeyoung's arms.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook.", Chaeyoung replied as she patted Hank slowly, trying to calm him down.

Jungkook just smiled, "It's alright, Chaeyoung. Actually I'm here because of him anyway."

"Oh?"

He took something out from his jacket and showed it to her, "I tried a new recipe. Cheese bacon treats."

Chaeyoung looked surprised to see the small packet of new dog treats, "Wow, that looks tasty!"

Jungkook chuckled, "Yeah, you can eat it too, but I don't recommend it."

She burst into laughter along with him, "I don't mean it that way, Jungkook."

He nodded, "I understand. If Hank could talk, he would say the same."

Chaeyoung put Hank down and took the packet from him, "Thank you for this, Jungkook."

"You're welcome. If it's finished, let me know. I'll make another for him.", he replied.

Chaeyoung nodded, "Yeah, about that...um, can I...ask you to teach me how to make them?"

"Oh...yeah, sure, of course. Why not?", Jungkook tried to stay calm even though he was delighted deep inside.

Teaching her means spending time with her, he cannot let the chance go away easily.

Chaeyoung smiled, "Okay, so...I will check my schedule and let you know when I'm free. Then, you can match yours before we set the date and time?"

Jungkook nodded a little bit eagerly as he listened to her, "Yeah, of course. Your place or mine?"

"Sorry?", Chaeyoung was caught off guard with his question.

"Where...do you prefer to do it? I mean...our houses are next to each other so..."

"Oh...yeah. Maybe at your place, since I'm not sure if I have all the appliances to make these, so maybe we could do it at yours instead.", Chaeyoung tried to say her reason to him.