chapter fifteen: your paranoia

It all started after the unexpected meeting with Baekhyun at the birthday party.

The nasty comments on her broadcast channel. The black car on the night of GoldenGrove's first anniversary celebration. The man wore all black from head to toe that she had seen a few times these days.

Chaeyoung was getting paranoid. She knew that she was being paranoid since that birthday party. If only she could catch the man that spied on her...

"I'm not...exaggerating.", she said to Lisa as she was telling her about the suspicion she had been keeping to herself.

"Do you think it's him?", Lisa asked back.

Chaeyoung sighed, she could not give an exact answer to it.

"I'm trying to be positive. After what happened between me and him, the last thing I knew of him was that he moved to China. I don't know if he came back here so...I don't know if that man I saw was him or not.", she said.

"Could it be his friend?"

Chaeyoung tried to think, "I don't know.."

"It could be him. What's his name? Let me ask Bogum oppa to track him down.", Lisa said.

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. But I don't think it's him.", Chaeyoung replied.

"Why do you say that? You said you met him at the party and these things happened after the party. It could be him following you around, you said you warned him not to look for you, right?", Lisa asked.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"It could be him. Who knows he doesn't care about your warning?"

Chaeyoung thought carefully before responding, "He's not that kind of person."

"Chaeyoung! You said you haven't seen him for what? Eight, seven years? Do you think people won't change during that span of time?", Lisa got serious in the conversation.

Chaeyoung was startled by Lisa's determination to help her resolve the issue.

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scold you. I just want you to think realistically.", Lisa said as she saw a tear escaping Chaeyoung's left eye. "Come here. I'm sorry..", she pulled Chaeyoung for a hug to comfort her.

"I'm not crying because of that...I just...remember the past..", Chaeyoung said in between tears. "You know how sensitive I'd get..."

Lisa rubbed her back softly, "Chaeyoung, I'm sorry.."

She shook her head, "It's not your fault. It's me. Anything that related to my past...you know how easy I'll cry..."

"Shh...don't cry. I'll help you, okay? The first thing to do as I said, we'll ask Bogum oppa to track him down and get information about him. Bogum oppa is a hacker, remember? This is a small matter for him to handle.", Lisa suggested.

Chaeyoung nodded slowly, "Okay.."

♡♡♡

Bogum put the yellow file on the table in front of them with a serious look.

"Everything about Byun Baekhyun is in there. I've tracked his social media, followed him outside and investigated who he always met. I can't say he's 100% clean, you can see the screenshot of his private message there.", he said as Lisa and Chaeyoung took out the contents of the file to see for themselves what Bogum had gotten from his investigation.

"So, he's a businessman who travels a lot and he doesn't seem free to spy on other people.", Lisa put down the paper detailing Baekhyun's profile. "Is this conversation of him with-"