chapter eighteen: your presence

Jungkook brought Chaeyoung to have lunch together before they went to the salon. He said it was better to get their tummies filled before the long process of dyeing their hairs. Chaeyoung did not say no since he said it would be his treat.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Jungkook suggested choosing a table outdoor to increase the chances of getting noticed by his stalker who might be following them. Both were wearing masks, and Chaeyoung added black shades since people might recognise her. She rarely disguised in public, but she did not want to cause unnecessary rumours among her followers online if they saw her alone with a man outside. She had enough problems to handle, and she did not want to add needless rumours at the moment.

"Jungkook, does she have a social media account?", Chaeyoung asked after the waiter left them alone.

"Hm, who?"

She smiled at his clueless expression, "Jeon Jongseo."

"Oh...I don't know.", he replied.

"She doesn't disturb you online?", Chaeyoung asked as she checked her phone.

Jungkook shook his head, "I can say her stalking is quite old-fashioned. I'm sure she has my number, but she never called me or messaged me anywhere online."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she just likes to do it physically, I guess. Come to my cafe and speak casually with me. Sometimes, I feel like I am the one who caused her to do it. Do you think I should change the way I treat my customers?", he asked as he pulled down his mask.

Chaeyoung laughed at him, trying to pull a serious look on his face.

"Chaeyoung, don't laugh. I'm serious here.", he said as he clenched his jaw with narrowed eyes.

She covered her mouth, suppressing her laughter.

"My face doesn't look serious, is it?"

She nodded, "You could try to relax...and just stare blankly. Yeah, that's better. You look serious."

Jungkook did as Chaeyoung said, staring into anything without looking straight at her. While he was perfecting the move, he heard a camera sound from Chaeyoung's phone.

"Did you-"

"Okay, that's serious. Doesn't it?", she showed him the photo she took of him.

He smiled, "Okay but that's not fair."

Chaeyoung looked at him, taking his phone out to take her photo. She put up a peace sign as she seemed to smile under the mask. Her eyes were the proof that she was indeed happy to smile for the photo he took.

"Ah, unfair. Take off the mask and give me your serious face.", he said after taking the photo.

She chuckled while shaking her head, "No, I won't do that. Not here."

"Then, when?"

"At the salon. It gives more privacy there. You can take a lot of pictures there later, okay?", she told him while looking at her phone.

Jungkook looked at her with a serious gaze, "Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

"I can take a lot of pictures of you later?", he asked again.

"Mhm.", she responded while still focused on her phone.

"Okay.", he smiled as he put down his phone.

Someone needed to pinch his cheeks. He knew that they were just acting like a couple somehow Chaeyoung could confuse him sometimes. She seemed to act naturally while he was thinking about what they were really doing together.