chapter ten: your service

Nothing should get in between their friendship, no, that was wrong.

Nothing should get in between their relationship, now that sounded much better for these two oblivious souls.

Although their feelings have not been confessed to each other, the people around them could see that there was something blossoming between them, and they could feel that love is in the air between the two clueless neighbours.

"Jungkook, you're leaving now?", Jieun asked as she saw the young man hanging his apron.

"Yeah, I'm here only for half the day. I thought you knew.", he replied while glancing at his watch.

Jieun shook her head, "Usually, you stay till we're closed on Thursday."

Jungkook smiled at her, "Unfortunately, not today. I have somewhere else to be."

Jieun frowned, feeling weird seeing him smile in a sudden.

"The keys are in the second drawer, noona. I think that's all. I'll make a move first.", he said, tilting his head before making his way to the door.

"Jungkook."

"Hm?"

"You are going to meet Chaeyoung, is it?", Jieun made a wild guess.

Jungkook was shocked with her, but he tried to remain calm. He laughed in return before shaking his head and saying that Jieun was being ridiculous.

"Oh, come on. Admit it. You have a date with her, don't you?", Jieun tried again.

He shook his head again, "Why would you always think it's her? I know other people too, noona."

Jieun crossed her arms as she stood in front of him, "I think it's her because you were smiling like an idiot earlier. Come on, you can't lie to me, Jungkook."

Her words made him sigh, "Okay, you win, but please...Jieun noona, don't tell the guys."

Jieun smiled in triumph, knowing she was right.

"Noona, do you hear me? Please..."

She shook her head, pretending not to hear him as she closed her ears.

"Noona, come on...I'm meeting her, but it's nothing like what you think it is.", he tried to beg her.

"What do you mean? Aren't you going on a date with her?", Jieun asked, eagerly wanting to know more about the two.

Jungkook shook his head, "I'm just going to teach her cooking, that's all."

"Oh.", she sounded disappointed.

"Yes, so please, Jieun noona. Don't tell them, I beg you.", he repeated his beggings with a hopeful look at Jieun.

The older girl looked away from him, "Well, it's still a good story to share."

"No! Argh...okay, I'll buy you your favourite chocolate-"

"I don't want to be fat."

"I'll...get you the new handbag you were looking at your phone?"

"My boyfriend is already buying it for me."

"Oh, I...I'll buy you tickets to the new movie. For you and Jongsuk hyung, you can watch it together."

"Hmm...I don't need that."

"Huh...okay, then. What do you need, Jieun noona?", Jungkook had no more idea to bribe the cunning business partner in front of him.

"Hm...can you sponsor us for our next vacation?", Jieun's eyes fluttered as she stated her request.

Jungkook's eyes widened, "Your vacation? The one in Osaka?"