chapter thirteen: your chef

Jungkook was looking at his phone as the elevator arrived at the eighteenth floor before he bumped into someone while waking out of it. When he looked up, he saw Chaeyoung with Lisa beside her. Chaeyoung's eyes widened as she saw him. When Lisa apologized and stepped back, Chaeyoung froze as her hand became weak, and her phone fell to the hard ground.

"Chaeyoung?", Lisa nudged her arm.

"Um, Chaeyoung?", Jungkook called her name too.

"Oh, sorry.", she finally spoke as she stood aside to give way to him.

He smiled before crouching down to pick up her phone.

"You dropped your phone.", he said as he handed it back to her.

"Oh..thank you."

"How are you today?", he asked casually.

Chaeyoung nodded awkwardly, "I'm fine."

"No, she's not.", Lisa interrupted. "She's still quite warm. You can feel it too, right?", she grabbed Jungkook's hand and put it on Chaeyoung's forehead.

Jungkook and Chaeyoung were both taken aback by Lisa's action, but they did not complain about it. Jungkook nodded as he felt the warmth of Chaeyoung's skin on his hand. He quickly removed his hand when he saw Chaeyoung seemed to be uncomfortable with it.

"Do you still have medication? Are you going to the clinic?", he asked.

Lisa shook her head before Chaeyoung could react.

"This girl beside me is stubborn, Jungkook. Actually I'm going home and she insisted on walking me to the lobby. I told her that she should stay home and rest."

Chaeyoung smiled, "I'm fine. I just want to walk you to the lobby. It will not take long."

Lisa shook her head, "See? Stubborn. Can you help me, Jungkook?"

He looked at her curiously, not sure what kind of help Lisa needed from him.

"Can you please drag her back?", Lisa's eyes fluttered, hoping that he would do as she said.

"No, I want to go out. I haven't been out for almost a week. I'm bored.", Chaeyoung pouted, hoping that Jungkook would let her go.

He smiled at her reaction.

"What if I come along?", he suggested, making the two ladies look at him attentively. "In case anything happens, I'm around.", he added.

Lisa slowly nodded while Chaeyoung was shaking her head.

"Alright, come on. The lift is here.", Lisa quickly grabbed their hands and pulled them into the elevator with her.

After both of them watched Lisa leaving, they walked back into the elevator to go home. In the elevator, they were quiet, and it was awkward for both of them until they reached their floor. Each of them were having thoughts on what to say to each other, yet they were unsure how to express it until they reached in front of their homes.

"I'm sorry about-"

"I was wondering-"

They ended up speaking at the same time.

"You-"

They almost laughed at themselves before Jungkook pointed at Chaeyoung and mouthed 'you first' to her.

"Um..I...was wondering...about what happened...the other night..."

Jungkook frowned, "The other night?"

"At the party. I was drunk, and you brought me home. I'm wondering why you brought me to your...home.", she pointed to his door.

"Oh, that. Actually when we got here, I carried you by myself and I didn't realize that you didn't bring your purse with you so I brought you to my home. I didn't know your pass code, and your key card was in your purse, so I didn't have any choice.", he told her.