chapter four: your happiness

AquariusRose usually posted a video every two weeks but since Chaeyoung just moved in a new place, she has not yet found any new topic to share with her followers on her social media account. When she first opened the broadcast channel, she was just trying to fill her time outside of her job as an independent tutor and found that sharing about her travel was the niche that got her engagement the most. From travelling tips and recommendation videos, she slowly added random videos of her activities outside of work, which helped her channel to grow.

After a month of settling in at Crista Haven Apartments, she finally found new stuff to share with her followers. She decided to introduce her new pet and do a short broadcast of herself enjoying food from her newest favourite place, GoldenGrove Cafe.

"Welcome to GoldenGrove.", she was greeted by an unfamiliar staff that morning as she entered the cafe.

"Good morning, miss. Can I take your order?", the female staff asked as she approached the counter.

"Oh, Ms Park. Hi.", a familiar voice greeted her from behind.

She turned around, looking at Jungkook tilting his head at her before going beside the female staff behind the counter.

"Hi, Mr Jeon.", she replied to him.

"Noona, it's okay. I know her. I'll serve her order.", she heard him say to the female staff with the name tag 'Lee Jieun'.

"You sure?", Jieun asked him.

He nodded, "Yes, it's all good."

"Okay.."

Jieun reluctantly went to the kitchen while her eyes observe him and Chaeyoung quietly.

"Alright. So, Ms Park. I haven't seen you in a while. Even at the apartment. How are you doing?", he said while Chaeyoung was looking through the pastries in the display cases.

His words somehow left Chaeyoung stunned a little, and he quickly realized that he might have worded it wrong.

"Um, I'm sorry. I'm used to having a small talk with my customers. And you, you're my customer and practically also my neighbour so...", he tried to explain himself.

Chaeyoung nodded and gave a small smile at him, "I understand, Mr Jeon. It's just...you caught me off guard a little."

Jungkook nodded, "I know. I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "No, it's alright and to answer your question, I'm great. It's just that...I'm a little busy these days so I didn't have the time to come by as much."

"I see. So...what can I get you today?", he replied, no more small talk and direct to the point.

Chaeyoung chuckled as she watched him opening the cover of the display case, ready to pick out whatever she wanted.

"Actually I'm looking for the mochi but..."

"Oh...I'm very sorry we don't have it for today but we do have another special menu. It's this one, I call it Golden Stacker Sandwich. One set has four pieces, perfect for a healthy breakfast and...we have this special sauce you can dip the sandwich with.", he picked out a tray of the said sandwich to the counter.

Chaeyoung looked at the sandwich stacked on the mini wooden skewers with interest. Then, her eyes went to the special sauce beside the tray. The light green and the smooth texture of the sauce intrigued her curiosity of the ingredients for the sauce.

"If I may ask, may I know what's in the sauce, Mr Jeon?", she asked.

Jungkook smiled, "It's a secret. You'll know when you try it."