chapter nineteen: your past

real_loey: Does he know you have a child, Chaeyoung? (sent yesterday at 10.45 pm)

real_loey: Well...you give me no choice. Now EVERY ONE of your followers will know this. (sent today at 7 am)

The thing Chaeyoung was scared so much finally happened. The day her past would be known publicly had come. She thought she was ready to face it since it was six years ago, and she knew that she had grown a lot since then.

However, all her courage to face the situation disappeared the moment she found out about Haneul's wellbeing. The six years old child really resembled her face a lot that she felt like she was looking at a mirror reflection of herself. She thought her daughter had left her alone in the world, but it was all a lie.

"Chae, can I come in?", Lisa's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

After the issue with Jungkook's stalker was successfully solved, Lisa came over to check on Chaeyoung at his apartment. He brought her to stay at his place since she looked scared to be alone, or so he thought being alone was why she was scared. When Chaeyoung heard Lisa's voice, she quickly hugged her and asked her to take her away in which she did despite the confusion on Jungkook's face at that time.

He was worried that she did not feel safe with him, but Lisa assured him that he should give Chaeyoung time to stay away for a while. Although reluctant to do it, he agreed before finding out the real reason she was scared a few hours ago. Now, at 11 in the morning, he rushed to Lisa's place once he got her address from Bogum. He wished to see Chaeyoung, however hard it would be for him.

"Chaeyoung?", Lisa called again.

She had told Jungkook that she would try to talk to Chaeyoung first before she let him see her. He stayed behind, praying so hard that Chaeyoung would say something or open the door. Lisa said she had been locking herself in the guest room since she arrived there almost three hours ago.

"Hmm...see? I told you, give her time.", Lisa turned around and said quietly to him. "Let's go.", she pushed his arm lightly to follow her away from the room. "Give her a week, no, a month, wait...no, this could take longer-"

"Do you not have a spare key for the room?", Jungkook asked as they were in the living room.

Lisa sighed, "It's not about that. It's about her..not ready to talk about the issue to anyone."

"Including you?"

Lisa nodded, "Yeah, including me."

"But you know about her past. The issue-"

"That doesn't mean she's talking to me about this latest issue regarding her past. She's just here because she knows this is the only safe place for her right now. Didn't she tell you I'm her best friend?", Lisa cut him off before he could catch her lying to him.

He smiled, "Because you're her best friend, that's why you might be the only person she talks to about everything."

Lisa tsked, "Yeah but I only found out just like you. Half an hour ago through the trending topics online. She hasn't told me about it herself."

Jungkook scrutinised her face silently.

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Stop looking at me like I'm a criminal. I'm innocent.", Lisa put up her hands as if surrendering.

"Sorry. So...a week?", he finally gave up on trying to meet Chaeyoung.

Lisa shook her head slowly, "I'm not really sure how long Chaeyoung will need actually."

"A month?", he asked.