chapter five: your influence

The kitchen of GoldenGrove was filled with the mix of creamy and spicy aroma of Jungkook's special sauce as he and Jieun diligently prepared the orders for their customers. Yeji and Hyunjin, on the other hand, tried their best to serve their customers who were queuing from the counter to the street. Jungkook even had to ask his friend, Hoseok, to help out with the supplies for that day to cater to everyone.

"Jungkook, I can't believe you're using me for this.", Hoseok put the bags full of ingredients on the kitchen island as he entered.

Jungkook smiled at him, "You're the one who called me when I'm busy, hyung."

"Boss, there's one customer asking for a dozen sets of sandwiches. How long will it take?", Hyunjin barged in, asking in a hurry.

"Hm...in twenty minutes?", Jungkook responded while looking at the wall clock.

"Twenty minutes it is.", Hyunjin went out to go to the customer.

Yeji almost bumped into him on her way to the kitchen, "Bosses, we're in disaster."

Jieun and Jungkook looked at each other.

"There's a Youtuber in the queue. He's asking whether he can do a mukbang show today.", Yeji told them.

"Fu--", Jieun's mouth was covered by Jungkook.

"We can do this.", he tried to assure her.

"No.", Hoseok shook his head.

"Should I tell him to come another time?", Yeji asked.

"I can help.", a hand was seen behind Yeji at the door of the kitchen. "This is my fault.", the blonde lady slowly showed herself to everyone in the kitchen. "I'm sorry. I just found out that the cafe got crowded because of my video. I'm so sorry, Mr Jeon.", she bowed down after taking off her sunglasses.

Jieun quickly pushed Jungkook's hand and went to close the door of the kitchen.

"Jungkook, she's right. She can help us.", she pointed to Chaeyoung who seemed to hide her appearance by wearing a black hoodie and the sunglasses.

"Ms Park, are you sure?", Jungkook asked.

Chaeyoung nodded, "It's been five days since I uploaded the video and-"

"We've been having a long queue since five days ago, Ms Park.", Jieun cut her off.

"Well, then. Let me help you guys.", Chaeyoung took off her hoodie and tied her hair up in a ponytail. "Please let me know what I can do."

Jieun reached for the extra apron on the hanger and put it on Chaeyoung, "Can you cook?"

"Um...not really but I'm good at chopping vegetables.", Chaeyoung said.

"Okay, you follow me.", Jieun pulled her hand and showed her what to do before calling Hoseok to join them. "Jungkook, you show him how to make the dough.", she instructed while monitoring Chaeyoung's work.

Jungkook, however, was silent and stood still as he watched Chaeyoung beside Jieun.

"Hey, Jungkook. Yo, bro!", Hoseok had to slap him to get his attention.

"Hyung, what was that for?", Jungkook blinked in confusion.

"Jieun is asking you to show me the dough.", he said to the clueless young man.

He nodded while rubbing his left cheek, "Follow me."

♡♡♡

Chaeyoung was walking to the cafe when she saw a long queue of customers waiting there. She froze when she realized what was happening that morning. Her video went viral and caused the crowd lining up to try the same food she had.