chapter six: your play date

Jungkook had just come back with Bam from their morning walk, and as usual, he would let Bam free in the elevator before he ran to their apartment unit. However, this morning, Bam stopped faster, and Jungkook realized that he had stopped in front of Chaeyoung's apartment instead.

"Hey, Bammie...that's not our house.", he quickly ran to Bam to pick him up. "This is our house, Bam.", he whispered as he stepped aside to the door of his apartment. "Okay, get in.", he said as he opened the door and put Bam down to walk inside.

When he thought Bam would jump into his doghouse like he usually did after a walk, he saw Bam turned around and ran out of the door to which surprised him.

"Bammie!"

The active doberman barked as he got out of the apartment.

"Oh, hey..."

Jungkook was going to catch his puppy when he saw Chaeyoung walking out of her house with Hank on his leash.

"Hi..Chaeyoung.", he greeted as he watched her patting Bam's head gently.

"Are you going for a walk, hm, handsome boy?", she asked Bam as she crouched down to look at his face closer.

Jungkook smiled as he watched Chaeyoung interacting with his pet.

"Oh, Hankie. Hank, this is Bam. Bam, this is Hank.", she carried Hank in her arms before introducing him to the bigger puppy in front of him.

Jungkook crouched down too to hold Bam as he looked excited to get to know a new friend, "Bammie, careful. Don't hurt your friend."

Despite Jungkook's careful supervision, Chaeyoung let Hank get closer to Bam before they both witnessed their pets touch paws as if they were greeting each other.

"Oh, look.", Chaeyoung giggled, seeing the interaction between their puppies. "They look excited.", she added, covering her mouth in surprise as Hank suddenly followed Bam, who was running into Jungkook's apartment.

"Bammie?", Jungkook was equally shocked before he followed the puppies inside.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was unsure if she could come in, so she waited in front of the door while Jungkook went in to check on the puppies.

"Are..are they okay, Jungkook?", Chaeyoung asked as she could not see the dogs.

Jungkook smiled before he called her in, "You need to see this."

"Um, can I come in?", she asked.

"Yeah, sure.", he nodded.

As Chaeyoung entered and went to where Jungkook was, she looked at what he was smiling at. There they saw in front of the coffee table, Bam was putting his bone plush toy far away from Hank and tried to teach the smaller dog to fetch it but he seemed clueless to Bam's action. Hank might be excited with his tail wagging, but his face showed confusion to the bigger puppy that was barking at him.

"Hank hasn't played fetch before, is he?", Jungkook asked, smiling as he looked at how Bam was determined to play with Hank.

"Um...no, not really. Usually, when Hank meets Love, they just wrestle or chase each other.", Chaeyoung told him.

"Love?"

"My best friend's doberman."

"Oh. Um...if you don't mind, I could train him- I mean I can help him to play fetch with Bam. That is if you don't mind.", he offered.

Chaeyoung slowly nodded, "Is it not going to bother you?"

"No, I'm free. I can take them to the park and play fetch with them.", Jungkook quickly answered.