"Your friends a little too jumpy for my liking. It's making me nervous" Nick stares down Dar.

"Lowering your weapon might... help alleviate the tension" Salim jokes.

"A bullet in the head if he doesn't do as we say!" Dar provokes.

"That would be a very bad idea" Rachel joins in.

"You're in no position to be arguing"

Out comes Eric... he holds his gun to Dars head. Now, would be the right time to defend them.

However, it's when Jason comes out, aiming his gun at Salim, as well as Nick that makes you emerge from the columns.

Your eyes lock onto Jason as you walk into the middle of the room, where everyone else is.

You press the cold metal into the uncovered part of his head, "I'm not gonna shoot, Jase" your voice is quiet, "Just play along."

"Y/n?" He questions, he doesn't move though. Everyone else looks to you in shock, them being in the position to see you, unlike Jason. "Make a move. I fucking dare you" he grits between his teeth. 

You knew you couldn't trust Dar, you could trust Salim, after everything your group has said to him, he still decided to help you. 

Your best idea was to make it look like you were listening to Dar, he's unpredictable - there's the small chance that if you didn't do something he wanted you to, then he would shoot you.

"I feel like our uniforms are getting in the way of what could be a beautiful relationship" Salim speaks up.

"Don't be a fool" Dar ridicules.

"Shut up!" Jason shouts. "I say we drill these sorry looking motherfuckers, what'd ya say, Colonel?"

Dar makes eye contact with you, there's slight doubt in his eyes, as though he's scared.

"They won't shoot" You try to reassure him as best as you can, he nods slowly.

"You speak fuckin' Arabic?" Jason spits out.

You don't respond, instead you wait for Eric's answer. He locks eyes with you, you can almost see the guilt eating him up.

"We need their help" he resolves.

"They're the enemy, Nicky!" Jason eggs on.

"We have to help each other. It's the only way" Salim tells them.

An incoming screech forces you all together.

"It's them! We must get this door open" Salim ushers you to move with him, you follow.

"Don't even think about it!" Jason scolds Nick.

"Fuck, Jason. The enemy of our enemy is our friend. Move! Come on man!" Nick tries to convince him.

Another roar from the vampires.

"Dammit! Help them! I'll cover the corridor." Eric shouts to Rachel. She joins you by the door.

Jason finally gives in, purposely standing the furthest away from you that he can to open the door. Did he not trust you now?

"What the hell is wrong with her?" Dar shouts over the noise. You move from the door and stand next to him. It's Clarice.

"She's sick. She needs help" Rachel tells you both.

"What kind of sickness is that?" He pushes for more answers. You kneel to her level and take her appearance in. She looks similar to what Joey looked like...

"She's infected!" You shout to them, hopefully loud enough for Salim to hear.

You aim your pistol at her.

"This is a lost cause. The medication is back at the temple, we're carrying dead weight" Jason informs. 

"We can't give up hope!" Rachel defends.

"Look at her! Do you see hope?" Jason steps to Rachel, towering above her.

"I'm sorry Rach, we're leaving her here" Eric decides.

"Bullshit! We have to do something."

"We'd be risking lives taking her with us. Let it go. She's gone" he states.

She starts to scream even more, writhe around the floor more. You wouldn't be surprised if you blinked and she'd be a vampire.

"You're not one of us... not anymore" Rachel begins to back up.

"Shoot her" Dar orders you. You're still for a second. This is the best thing to do. If she came back as a vampire, there'd be no way you'd be able to win against her, you can't risk losing your friends either. 

You pull the trigger. The sound bounces off the walls, along with the gasps of the marines. You keep the gun trained onto her as you back up through the now opened door.

She's lifeless.