Giving in?

The rays of the morning sun greets me, drawing me out of my sleep. I groan, twisting and turning a bit, refusing to get up.

The soft grumbling from my belly forces me fully awake and it's only then I realize that I haven't had anything to eat the previous day- the day of our fight.

Pursing my lips at that, I gulp harshly trying to push back any thoughts of Lee Heeseung's words. Inhaling a deep breath, I allow my feet to hit the floorboards beneath me as I walk past the destroyed roses (the ones he gifted me) scattered onto the floor.

Twisting the doorknob, I make my way outside, ready to head into the kitchen but I stop in my track almost immediately. My eyes falls on Heeseung- fast asleep on the couch in the living room.

Why was he still here?

Why didn't he leave like I asked him to?

At this point, my heart is in my hands as I grab a blanket from my room. Moving over to him, I place the covers on him, trying my best not to wake him with tears to the brim of my eyes.

He looked so peaceful- so unlike what he makes himself out to be around Kazuha.

The sudden ringing of his phone has me jolting away from beside him almost immediately. His eyes flutters open at that. The loud ringing of his cellular phone comes to a stop when he flicks the silent mode on- directing all his attention to me and then to the blanket covering him.

"Y/n-" his voice is soft as he brings himself to a sitting position.

I'm silent at that. Frozen in my spot as he speaks "I know you asked for space but I don't want to lose you over something so stupid."

"I uh- I don't have time for this. I have to get to classes." Is all I say as if quick on my footsteps. Heeseung doesn't stop me this time, instead, he waits again.

He waits until I shower and until I have breakfast without a single word. And just as I grab my keys, ready to exit the shared apartment, he follows me.

"I want to show you something." He says, signaling for me to get into his car.

I notice him but I don't say anything, not until he slips into the passenger's side of my car. Looking over at him, I ask "What are you doing? I'm going to be late for class."

Heeseung barely looks over at me with a soft smile on his lips as he lets out "Your first class doesn't start for a next forty five minutes- you've got plenty of time."

I'm silent at that. Curse you Heeseung for knowing my schedule.

"I want to show you something." He says for a second time. "If you still don't want to be friends after this, I'll leave you alone- for good."

He gulps at the last bit of his offer. A bit afraid of losing her but he had to give it his all if he really wanted to make it right.

"I promise." He says lowly and without looking over at him, I say "Your promises don't mean anything to me at this point. You promised to make yourself happy yet-"

"I am happy when I'm around you, I don't know why or how but after a long time, I was finally ready to smile, to laugh, to live again and that's all because of you- I couldn't have asked for a better friend and I know that I messed up big time- I would hate me too if I were you but Y/n- I can't lose you, please." Heeseung's desperate tone leaves me wondering, heart hammering in my chest as I convince myself that his words are genuine.

Heaving a sigh, I say "You only get thirty minutes." At that, he nods eagerly, giving me directions to the nearby park.

As soon as we come to stop, Heeseung jogs over to my side of the vehicle, opening the door, he takes my hand in his as he drags me along.

Heeseung's grasp on my hand tightens as he pulls me closer to the forest until there was no one around. He makes a left, a right then a left again, twigs snapping beneath our feet as he focused his attention on reaching our destination.

Pushing past the huge leaves in front of us, we enter an open space. I'm in awe at the scenery before us as Heeseung steps forward- pulling me along with him since his grip is still tight on me.

There' s a mini waterfall leading down the huge pond before us. The sun shining in timidly on the rocks that are laid out almost everywhere. My lips part at that, admiring the scene before us as Heeseung speaks "I knew you'd like it! I found this place when I was a trainee."

"Ever since, this has always been my place to go where I'm struggling- until I met you." My eyes soften at that, looking over at him, he continues "Last night, we had a fight at the dorm and as much as I wanted to come out here to ease my mind- I ended up by you."

I listen closely to his words as he squeezed my hand in reassurance "This place means a lot to me and I've never thought of bringing anyone here- well, apart from you now."

I purse my lips at that, squeezing his hand back lightly as he finally looks over at me. "You just mean so much to me at this point and I can't really imagine not having you by my side."

Nodding at his words, I could sense him being on the verge of tears again. Subconsciously, I reach out, pulling him in for a hug as he buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"I really am sorry, Y/n." He says and like I always do, I respond with "It's okay."

He takes a few minutes to calm down, the atmosphere between us becoming silent as the only thing heard is the water falling into the open space before us. 

Heeseung lamely wipes at his eyes, stepping back a bit as he tries to lightens the mood between us. "Wanna go for a swim?"

Scoffing at that, I'm a bit taken aback when Heeseung slips his jacket off along with his t-shirt. He looks over at me, wriggling his eyebrows as he slips his pants off next.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" He teases, slowly jumping into the water.

"It's so warm!" He yells, his laughter echoing as he calls out for me to join him. Heeseung stretches out his hand, inviting me to join him.

Hooking the waistband of my sweats, I slip my outer wear off as I reach out, accepting his invitation. Heeseung eyebrows jump at that but he couldn't be happier.

I join him, taking a dive as I allow the water to cover the entirety of my form as I relax. By the time I rise to the surface, Heeseung is already in front of me. He reaches out, sweeping my jet black hair away from my face as a smile tugs at my lips.

A part of me wanted to ignore the way my heart was racing erratically as Heeseung glances between my eyes and my lips.

I feel myself panicking momentarily as I ask " Wait a second- you haven't showered since yesterday, have you?!" Heeseung bursts out laughing at my question- ready to tackle me.

By the time we make it to my university, I had already missed a half day of lectures.

In the end, it was worth it.