See through

I heave a sigh, stepping out into the cold air as I exit the university building. Car keys in my hand as I make my way over to the parking lot. I narrow my eyes at the sight of two guys leaning against my ride.

Tall, slender and very much covered. Heeseung comes to my mind but from one look, I could tell that neither of them was him.

Sucking in a deep breath, I make my way over to my car, mumbling under my breath "Excuse me." Making an attempt to slide into my car, my eyebrows jump when the two figures grip the handles, mirroring my actions. At the sound of his voice, my shoulders relax.

"We're here to kidnap you!" He speaks and I only laugh at his attempt to scare me as I retort "Should I be scared, Jake?"

He scoffs over at me, pulling the mask down- revealing his face as he closes the car door behind him. Jungwon follows the same, greeting me as he lets out "Our practice session finished earlier than expected so we have some free time on our hands."

"Plus we're leaving for tour in tomorrow afternoon so-" I'm quick to cut him in.

"Tour? Already?" They nod over in my direction and I ask "I could imagine how exhaust you guys are but what are you guys doing here?" Narrowing my eyes at them, I hear Jake speak "Heeseung was on his way to see Kazuha so we used him for a ride because we actually wanted to see you."

Tucking my hair behind my ear playfully, I say "Imagine you showed up here and I didn't come to class!" I was having laughs of my own as Jungwon states "Actually, we went to your apartment first but Kazuha told us that you're staying with a friend?"

His tone leaves his question open, waiting for an answer as my smile falters "There's so much going on, you know? And I just don't know any to get involved-"

"Imagine how we feel! We're stuck at home with Jay and Sunghoon. Sunghoon decided to move back in and they're not speaking to each other or anything. And to make matters worse, Heeseung is hardly ever at home and when he is, we can't have them in the same room- our manager is even staying with us for now." Jake frets.

My eyes are wide at that, feeling sorry for the two before me as Jungwon continues "Don't feel bad for us though! You're the one falling in love with a man that loves another girl!"

At that, my eyebrows are threatening to leave my face as I defend myself "I'd have to be a fool to fall for Heeseung. I just care for him too much- as a friend. " Jake looks over at Jungwon, a huge grin on his face as he lets out "Who said anything about Heeseung?"

"You did!" I retort, starting the car as Jungwon lets out "We see right through you, Y/n."

Not even half hour later and I'm seated at the kitchen table at their dormitory as Jay serves us a meal. As much as I wanted to say no to their offer, I knew that I could use the company and at the mention of food, I knew I definitely couldn't resist.

"Heeseung isn't joining us?" Sunoo questions, looking over at me as Jake answers him "Not sure. I sent him a text but he didn't respond."

Sunoo nods at that, parting his lips to speak as Jake lets out "Heeseung and Y/n had a minor argument-"

I cut him in at that "Not a minor argument."

Sunoo whines "I'm sorry, it just that I've never seen you around without him. But come to think of it, that's why he's been so out of it lately." I shrug, continuing to munch on my chicken as I bring my hand up to my face, wiping at the corner of my mouth a bit.

"Oh! Heeseung has the same bracelet- just a different color!" Jay lets out as he looks over at the blue bracelet strapped onto my wrist.

"Oh!" I pipe, completely focused on the food as Jungwon speaks "It's true, he wears it everyday."

At that, I choke for a second, eyes watering as Jake offers me a glass of water. Bringing the cup up to my lips, unsure how to continue the conversation, I thank the Gods above when Jungwon warns playfully "Stop teasing her, guys!"

Jake grabs a beer for himself, pulling the chair out between Jungwon and I, he fails to grip the can tightly as the can of beer goes spilling onto me and my clothes.

I jolt up, hitting my knees on the underneath of the table as the glass of water beside me spills as well. Muttering curse words under my breath, my eyes are wide as Jungwon reaches out, slapping at Jake's arm.

"Look what you've done to our guest!" He yells, Sunoo snickering in the corner as Jake apologizes.

"It's okay-" I reassure him as I pout looking down at the clothing sticking to me while Jay offers "Get her something else to wear before she catches a cold"

Jake nods, gesturing for me to follow him as he makes his way into his room. Pulling the door to his closet open, he lets out "Feel free to choose."

Nodding at his offer, I skim through the clothes, completely oblivious to the footsteps nearing me as he lets out "What are you doing in my room?"

My head snaps over in Heeseung's direction and immediately, his eyes falls on the wet clothes covering me. My eyebrows are furrowed at that as I turn to Jake "I thought these were your clothes?"

"I figured it would be best if you borrowed something from Heeeung instead, you know?" Jake's voice is low and I barely catch his words as I retort "I'd prefer not to."

Jake nods, gesturing for me to follow him and so I did but before we could've made it out of the room, Heeseung grips my wrist as he speaks again "You're already here so just pick something already"

I simply look at him as I tried my best to loosen his grip on my hand. He looks down at me, hand falling slowly as his finger gets tangled in my friendship bracelet.

The sound of the beads hitting the floorboards hit me in one go as the bracelet falls apart. Yanking my hand away from him, I look away from him as I say to Jake "I think I want to leave now"

Making my way back into the kitchen with the others, my hair falling in front of my face- blocking the tears threatening to fall as I frantically search for my keys.

"Why can't I find my keys or my phone?!" I groan as I blink my eyes, adjusting my vision. My shoulders sulk as Jungwon speaks "Don't worry, I'll have one of the guys drop you home."

Nodding at that, I say "Please let me know if you find my stuff" He nods right back at me and just as Jake goes to grab his keys, I hear Heeseung speak again "Ill go start the car."

Not wanting to make the situation more awkward than it already was, I nod, bidding the other goodbye as I follow quietly.