A small favour

My feet taps aggressively against the floorboards as I dare not blink. As soon as the call connects, I'm greeted by Enhypen's manager.

The smile on his face has me bowing over, greeting him politely as he lets out "I haven't seen you in a while, Y/n."

Nodding at his words, I say "Yeah, it's been a while." I recall bumping into their manager a few times when Heeseung and I were friends. The first time we met, he gave me a stern talk about how idols aren't supposed to date and the last time I saw him, he said that he was rooting for Heeseung and I as a couple- despite there being nothing between us.

The man parts his lips to speak and before he could've said another word, Jungwon pokes his head in beside their manager, waving at me. A smile on my face as I wave right back to him.

I watch as Jungwon takes a seat beside their manager, as he speaks "The reason I asked to speak to you is after the video was leaked- word got to higher level of management."

My eyebrows jump at that, waiting for him to continue and so he did "I think it's quite obvious that they were upset at first but-"

I cut him in, eyes narrowing over in his direction as I let out "there's a but?!"

He nods, grinning at my expression as he lets out lowly "The scandal seems to receiving way more positive reaction than negative so, they've come to a conclusion that maybe just maybe- this scandal doesn't need any sort of fixing."

My eyes are wide as I listen closely, Jungwon's smile never leaving his face- that alone leaves me suspicious.

"They suggested having you guys showcase as a public couple." At his words, my mouth is practically grazing the floor beneath me as I shake my head immediately.

"Hear me out!" Their manager begs, clasping his hands together as he lets out "My job as well as Heeseung's position in Enhypen is literally the line here. I've been scolded for allowing them too much freedom and Heeseung is being scolded for everything caught on camera."

I wince at that, closing my eyes for a few seconds as he continues "I know that this is a lot- too much to ask of you but if I can't find a way to fix this- I will be fired and ultimately, Heeseung will have to leave the group for his reckless actions."

"How so?" I'm quick to ask as their manager continues "Because if you're not his girlfriend" the man air quotes the word girlfriend before continuing "it'll make him seem as some sort of playboy. That would only bring the group down."

Gulping harshly at that, Jungwon cuts in beside him "I know that asking this is unfair- taking your feelings into consideration but if you do accept."

Jungwon pauses at that, inhaling a deep breath before continuing "I'm not going to lie here- I would be the happiest human on the face of the Earth. If you accept our offer, you'd be helping us keep our group together and well, you'll literally be saving our manager's ass."

He giggles at the last bit before letting out "We would like you to think this over and get back to us as soon as possible."

I find my self searching for words as I ask "And what if I can't bring myself to do this?"

The two glances at each other, as Jungwon lets out "I- I don't know but I know that the guys will be punished especially Heeseung."

Without giving me a chance to think, their manager speaks once again "If you decide to help us out, I'll make sure Heeseung doesn't cross any boundaries. It'll be a few planned dates and as long as the media gets their pictures- you'll go your separate ways."

The idea itself didn't seem too bad but was I ready to see Heeseung again? Was I ready to see Heeseung after blurting out my feelings for the man? And not just that but have it broadcasted across the world?!

"So for me to clear his reputation and literally save his career- you want us to pretend to date?" My mind is a frenzy as I try my best to grasp the entirety of the situation.

"Our career as Enhypen and our manager's job as well" Jungwon speaks. His fingers are crossed under the table and his mind is filled with prayers.

"I don't know- I've been approached so much on campus recently. Everyone's asking about you guys and I don't know if Im ready to deal with that." I say lowly, not wanting to face them.

"I know that it must be hard and trust me, we wouldn't be asking for something if it didn't mean this much to us as well. It's just-my wife and I recently got our first child." My eyebrows jump at the sudden tears leaving the manager's eyes.

He reaches in his wallet, pulling out a passport sized picture for me to see as he sobs out "I just can't disappoint them. I don't know how far management will take it-"

At that, I purse my lips as Jungwon attempts to comfort the man beside him- patting his shoulder as he continues "I don't know what to do. I've been good at my job and now-"

Heaving a sigh, I couldn't help but to feel a bit guilty. If I didn't kiss Heeseung back that night, maybe the situation wouldn't have gotten so out of hand. I barely speak under my breath- hoping that I won't regret my decision "I'll do it."

Immediately, Jungwon's eyes are sparkling as the huge grin returns to his face, their manager mirrors his expression- wiping lamely at his eyes as he bows over in my direction.

"But on one condition." All of their attention is focused on me as I say "If Heeseung gets out of character" I air quote this time before continuing "and tries anything that makes me feel uncomfortable- I'll back away."

Jungwon nods as the manager lets out "You have nothing to worry about, Y/n."

As I look over at the two- gleaming in happiness, I recall Noah's words clearly. I recall him warning me to stay away from the guys yet here I was- agreeing to do the opposite.