Long Flight

Heeseung looks at the phone and the car keys in his hands and then at the members before him. He couldn't process their words- he blinks adjusting his vision to the lighting of the room- knowing very well that his eyes were burning given that he hasn't slept a wink the entire night.

Heeseung couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night- from the kiss to words mentioned. He just couldn't bring himself to do what the members wanted him to.

"You're the only one that knows where she's staying right now. Plus it'll only be fair if you return it- you know since you're friends."

Jungwon bites down on his bottom lip, waiting for the older to respond. He's hopeful for a positive response but to his dismay, Heeseung only lets out "Have our manager return it, I- I- i" he seemed to have lost the ability to form words. Or even to think in this moment.

He heaves a sigh- scolding himself mentally before giving the directions to the leader as he makes his way over to the kitchen. They had numerous meals laid out on the table before him, a feast even- given that it was the day they were leaving for the airport but he couldn't bring himself to eat anything heavy.

He grabs an apple from the basket of fruits before them, exiting the room as he stumbles over his own feet. Heeseung's mind was fogged- he just couldn't seem to think straight.

Heeseung closes his bedroom door behind himself, bringing the apple up to his lips, he parts them slightly, taking a bite out of the fruit as he takes a seat onto the softness of his mattress.

Heeseung's chewing was loud compared to the silence in the room but quiet compared to the thoughts on his mind. He recalls how Jake offered his t-shirt to Y/n - he couldn't bring himself to admit it but a part of him definitely didn't want to see her in another man's clothing- especially his bandmate who he feels has eyes for her. That thought alone drove him crazy.

Heeseung takes his time, prepping his airport fit, it doesn't surprise him when Jake and Ni-ki comes barging into his room to take a peek in his closet.

"You haven't been shopping in a while!" Ni-ki cries out, stressed as he struggles to find an outfit. He brings his finger up to his mouth, biting down on his nails a bit as Jake mumbles under his breath "There's got to be something in here."

Heeseung couldn't care less. As long as he had already picked out his fit, they were allowed to fight over anything else in the closet. Jake's eyes fall on a green jacket, placing his hands on it, it's only then he feels a tugging on the other end of the same jacket.

Narrowing his eyes at that, he looks over at Ni-ki as he tugs it right back. Ni-ki mirrors his actions and before Heeseung could even blink, the jacket was thrown aside as they're headlocking each other.

Heeseung scoffs at their behavior, holding the jacket up to his view as rolls his eyes dramatically. Moving over to the two, he reaches out, grabbing them by their ears as they quickly let go of each other.

"Take the jacket and fight outside!" Heeseung speaks. The younger boys brows jump at his words, surprised at what he suggested. They knew that Heeseung was always ready to scold them over situations like this- there was never a day he'd actually encouraged a physical fight so his words had them gulping hard.

Jake makes a mental note to inform Jungwon about what happened as he takes the jacket from Heeseung, handing it over to Ni-ki- who no longer wanted it as well. The two weren't scared but they were definitely taken aback.

Just as they step out in time to leave, Jungwon gestures for them to take a seat in the living room as he fills the shoes of his leader role perfectly. For the first time in forever, all of the members are gathered, they couldn't remember seeing this for a while and for sure if it wasn't for the tour, the distance would've remained.

"I know that we've been having a hard time recently but we're going on tour now and I need all of you guys to put aside your differences and be normal for our fans." Jay parts his lips to speak but Jungwon only puts his hand up, signaling for him to wait and so he does.

Jungwon continues "I know what happened must've been hard but I need you guys to think about all the hard work and sacrifices that we've made to come this far. Please consider that and take some time to think about it when making a decision."

Sunoo, Jake and Ni-ki nods in agreement and immediately Jungwon finishes with "Not as your friend or your brother today but as your leader, if you're willing to do so, I'll be beside you- supporting you with all that I've got. And if you think that you can't- I won't hesitate to report your situation to higher management."

Their eyes are wide at the words of their leader, they know for sure that he wasn't bluffing. Nodding over at them, he pats Ni -ki on his shoulder as he stands to his feet "Alright then, let's get going now! We don't want to be late."

It takes them no more than an hour to arrive at the airport, fans cheering as they enter, the bright flashing of the camera lights has them feeling on top of the world. The comments from their fans has them smiling from ear to ear as they made their way into the closed space.

By the time they make it on the airplane, they move to their assigned seats as they settle in. Jungwon settles down beside Heeseung, smiling over at him as he reaches out for his phone.

Holding the phone above him, he's quick to snap a few pictures of himself as he giggles lightly over at the words displayed on his phone screen. Heeseung's eyebrows shot up as he catches a glimpse of Y/n's name on Jungwon's phone screen as he asks "You're texting Y/n?!"

Jungwon nods, not even sparing a glance his way as Heeseung lets out "First Jake, now you." Jungwon bursts out in laughter as he looks over at Heeseung who simply questions"What now?!"

The younger is quick to respond with "Nothing, just something funny Y/n said." At that, Heeseung rolls his eyes, grabbing his AirPods, he places them in his ears hoping to calm down but his mind only takes his back to Y/n's confession.

Oh, this was going to be one long ride!