Surprise

On my heels, I pace back and forth between the walls of my room. I take a glance at my hands and I notice how shaky they are. I couldn't blame them for being that way after my phone call with Jungwon.

Jungwon made sure to shoot me the exact details of their arrival as I chant in my head Y/n, you're doing this for their jobs and because of your guilt.

Grabbing my phone in my grasp, I move quietly over to my room door, twisting the doorknob, I barely peek out.

All the lights are off- signaling that Noah was either in his bed already or he just wasn't at home. Inhaling a deep breath, I swing the door open slowly. The creaking sound made my eyes widen as I step into the open space.

Advancing towards the door, I trap my bottom lip between my teeth as I twist the second doorknob on my way out. Pulling the front door open, I'm drowning in a pool filled with happiness as I make it out of the house.

Closing the door behind me, I reach down into the pockets of my jacket- in search of my car keys and when I couldn't feel it, I curse at myself under my breath as realization hits me in one go.

How could I forget the keys inside after all my hard work?!

Groaning a bit, I make another attempt at sneaking. I turn the doorknob slowly as I make my way into the living room again. Pressing my body weight against the door to close it, I wasn't even given a chance to properly close it as my body weight goes stumbling back.

Falling flat on my back, my head hits the floor and immediately I wince in pain. Noah- the culprit who unknowingly pushed the door opened- rushes over to me.

"What the hell?! Are you okay?!" His voice is layered with concern as my face runs pale.

I run my sweaty palms against the surface of my jeans as I barely manage to let out "Y-yeah, I'm okay!" I even managed to stick a thumps up as he stretches his hand out- waiting to help me up.

Noah looks at me from the leather jacket hugging my shoulder to the heels on my feet as he questions "Were you going somewhere?"

Just as Noah pulls me back to my feet, I shake my head "No, I-i" I wasn't given the chance to complete my sentence as Noah asks "Wait a sec, were you only now getting in?!"

My eyes widen just a bit as I slap at his shoulder playfully "You caught me!" A nervous laughter leaving my form as I try to change the topic completely.

It worked. "What about you, mister?! You're getting in late." I say, as Noah takes glance at the watch strapped to his wrist.

"It's barely even ten thirty and if you must know, I think I might be on the verge of a breakup." He pouts, pointing over to me, he speaks again "Seems like you're rubbing off on me."

Rolling my eyes at that, I couldn't help but to ask "Anything I could help with?" Noah shakes his head for a moment, letting out "I think I just need to sleep on it- it's confusing honestly." He pauses at that, narrowing his eyes in my direction, he speaks "Actually, sure! It would be good to get a third party point of view."

And that was the beginning of a very long night.

•••

The next morning comes around quickly. I stir, snuggling into the warmth beside me as my eyes flutters open.

Pulling the blanket closer to my body, I'm a bit puzzled as to what I was doing on the couch. The memory of last night comes back quickly as I recall Noah's and I long conversations which led to us just falling asleep as we were.

I yawn, blinking a few times to adjust my vision as I thank the God above that I had a day off from university. Stretching my hands up, I balance the weight of my body on my feet as make it to my room.

Throwing my figure onto the softness of my mattress, I barely manage to grab my phone, switching it on. My eyes are wide at the numerous messages and missed calls from Jungwon, Jake and their manager.

Cursing lightly under my breath, I make a mental note to return Jungwon's call a bit later on in the day when I could properly function.

The sudden ringing of the doorbell catches me off guard and immediately, I close my eye pretending to sleep. A part of me hoped that Noah would answer it but after it kept on ringing continuously, I got up.

Rushing over in the direction of the door, twisting the doorknob, I'm greeted by a very sudden morning surprise.

"Heeseung?! What are you doing here?!" My voice is filled with fear and panic almost immediately as I recall Noah mentioning how he just wanted to talk to the guy who had me moping around lately.

A grin spreads across his face as he refuses to answer. "You should leave!" I whisper under my breath, stepping outside as I closed the door behind me.

"No, I need to talk to you-" I cut him in quickly "Now?! Cant it wait?!" Frantically, I grab his the sleeve of his T-shirt as I'm quick to push him in my room.

Closings the door behind me, I say "Stay here and be very quiet if you don't want your face rearranged today."

Stepping outside, I make a quick search around the house. Calling out to Noah a few times, I figured that he wasn't at home given that he didn't answer.

Heaving a sigh, I hurriedly make it back to my room. Closing the door behind me, I turn on my heel, facing the boy who sat shyly on the edge of my need, staring over at me with those Bambi eyes.

"Calm down, I'm sure the dude isn't that bad." I glare in his direction, asking out either "What are you doing here? What do you want?"

Heeseung inhales a deep breath, taking a few steps closer to me as I take a few backwards until my back hits the surface of the door.