Chapter Fourteen

Jacob ran and ran, over rocks, through trees, until he found his hide-away. He felt a throbbing pain on his forehead. He had a 'safe house' under a large oak. It had food, water, and a first aid kit. He applied a patch of gauze to the gash in his head. The bleeding was heavy, he wasn't athletic and it was going to get him caught. He stiffened as he heard footsteps in the brush about thirty yards away.

"Jacob?" It was the man that came to his school. Why did he have to be here? "Jacob? My name is Dr.Reid, I came to your school." Jacob slid into the gap in the tree.

"Jacob, I know you can hear me. Please, if it was anyone else on my team, they would kill you on the spot. I want to help you, but you have to come out."

'Maybe I can outrun him.' Jacob thought.

"I'll come out, promise you wont shoot me?" He said.

"I promise." Reid said walking towards the voice.

Jacob stood up and brushed the dirt off of his clothes. He took a step away from Reid.

Reid heard the rustling of leaves and knew Jacob was going to run. He took off for the sound and saw Jacob running through the trees.

'Where was Morgan when you needed him?' Reid thought. He pushed through the trees and caught up to Jacob. He jumped as far as his kermit frog legs could jump. He wrapped his body around Jacobs ankles and both of them hit the forest floor. Reid expertly twisted Jacob's arms behind his back and handcuffed him in less than three seconds. Reid stood him up and walked him to a squad car at the edge of the woods.

He called Hotch, "Hotch, I got him, he's in the squad car. I'll text Morgan."

"Okay. And Reid?"

"Yeah?"

"Good work."

"Thank you, sir." Reid said hanging up the phone. He texted Morgan and told him the good news.