Chapter Sixteen

I took the elevator down stairs to the breakfast buffet. I wasn't that hungry but I grabbed a waffle and ate it anyway. I needed to be at the hospital when Sarah woke up. I grabbed a bagel for her and started towards the exit.

"Morgan! Wait, I want to ride with you." Garcia called, grabbing a bagel and catching up to me.

"You're going to the hospital, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, I want to talk to her." I replied.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, like it were the most natural thing in the world. We walked like that all the way to the car.

It took ten minutes to get to the hospital, check in, and find Sarah's room.

"Hey stranger." I said, sitting down beside her bed.

"Hey." She said.

"How are you feeling?" Garcia asked, rubbing her hand.

"Hurts... but I'm alright."

"Where are your parents?" I asked.

"I sent them home, both of them haven't slept for days."

I smiled, "I'm proud of you."

"I kept my promise."

My face fell, I hadn't kept my end of the deal.

"I take it you didn't?" She asked, glancing at Garcia.

"What is she talking about?" Garcia asked.

"Nothing," Sarah said smiling, "just a silly promise that Morgan didn't keep."

"What was it?" Garcia asked.

I racked my brain, "Flowers." I said, quite possibly the dumbest thing I could come up with.

I took her other hand, "I am sorry. I completely forgot."I said.

She gave my hand a squeeze, "I'll let you do it later, I guess." She raised her eyebrows slightly.

"I will." I told her.

She looked exhausted.

"Why don't we come back later?" Garcia asked. "You need some sleep."

"That sounds good." Sarah said squeezing Garcia's hand. She was already drooping off.

"We'll come visit you later." I stood up and looked at her, "See you soon."

"Ok, see you lat...later." She dozed off.

"When did you make her that deal?" Garcia asked.

"In the ambulance, she was completely loopy and she was demanding that I get her flowers."

"That's weird." Garcia said giggling.

"I know...very weird." I hoped she wasn't picking up on my sweaty forehead.

I drove us to the station and charged inside. It was my turn to talk to Jacob.