Chapter Seventeen

A tall man walked into the interrogation room. He was wearing a dark green t-shirt and black jeans.

"Jacob Marks, you have been charged for the kidnapping, torture, and attempted murder of Sarah Moore."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Special Agent Derek Morgan." He said coldly.

I heavy silence filled the room.

"Did you do it?" He asked.

"Do you have enough evidence to prove it?"

His jaw tightened, "I need a written confession."

"So you don't?" I asked, I was digging under his skin.

"Oh we do, this will just make the trial faster." He said leaning back.

This threw me off, why would they need me to write everything down?

"How about vocally?" I asked. "I know you're recording this."

"Why not?" He sat forward and rested his hands on the table. "Just say what you would write down."

"Well, she was riding her bike home. It was so easy to get her attention. I just tripped up on the sidewalk and she stopped. Kerrie and I pulled her into the truck and tied her up, the neighborhood doesn't have cameras, so we didn't have to worry about that. Once we got her secured in Kerrie's basement, it was easy to hurt her. I shocked her with my taser a few times, and I raped her, but you already know all that. Anyway, it was risky to send you that video. We knew it would attract a 'higher power', so we sent it to the police. Then, when the doctor came to our school, that really threw me for a loop. He told Michael off, then he shows up to my house with that pretty blonde lady. They started asking me these questions as if I stalked Sarah."

"Which you did."

"But, I outsmarted them. They didn't suspect me."

"How do you think you got here?" He asked.

That confused me. I was so careful, did they hear something?

"My team," he said, "picked up on you the second you shut the door. I had my analyst find all your dirty secrets. Then, I went and visited your sister. She told me that she helped, and now she's in the other room crying like a baby." His voice sliced through me, it was menacing.

"If you touch her..." I warned.

"What? You'll do what?" He asked. "I'm pretty sure that Sarah's brother would do the same things that you did to Sarah, to your sister. So, go ahead and finish."

I shut my mouth. I knew that the agent in front of me wouldn't hurt Kerrie, but Sarah's brother was unpredictable.

He asked me more questions, but I was too busy thinking about Kerrie. Before I knew it, he was gone. I sat in the room and waited to be transferred to the Juvenile Detention Center.