Prolouge

Bella's POV 

                                                                   _____________________

"Bella, I'm going to miss you." Niall gives me a hug. Tomorrow I leave to move to America. There are tears in his eyes, and he avoids eye contact. I'm going to miss him more than anything. We've been best friends since birth. I remember the days I would sneak out of the house with bags of junk food and we'd hide In the tree fort. When we'd swim in our pool and play "Marco, Polo" with Greg and my sisters Alana and Sadie, and my brother Jordan. My mum was good friends with Maura, Niall's mom, and we'd have random cook outs in the summer. I used to go to his house every single day, and sometimes we'd talk about things that were bothering us, or completely random things. Niall knew everything about me. He understood me. It's going to be hard not having him around. Maura's holding a farewell cookout, and everybody is inside. We're laying in the tree fort, in silence.

"I'm going to miss you Nialler." I say to break the silence. A tear rolls down Niall's cheek. I reach to wipe it away, and Niall's lips crash onto mine. My first kiss. I feel sparks fly and we move in sync. Niall pulls away in shock of what he'd just done. "N-Niall...." I choke out.

"Bella! I'm so sorry! I just wasn't thinking.. I'm an idiot! Why-" I interrupt him. 

"Niall it's ok, it was... Nice." I reflect back onto the kiss. It was nice. I want to do it again. I hope Niall feels the same.

"Do you, want to... You know.." He trails off, looking at the sky. I nod and we lean in. This kiss is different, it's more passionate. It's not as sudden. Do I like Niall? I can't. He's been my best friend forever, I don't want it to be anymore than that. The kiss ends, and Niall pulls a little white box out of his pocket.

"Bella, I'm going to miss you. I'm terrible at giving speeches. But you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, and I can't imagine life without you. I got you a little going-away present." He opens the box, and it contains a silver ring with red and blue diamonds, our favorite colors. On the inside it reads, 

"Till the stars stop shining -Niall"

"Till the stars stop shining..... I'll always be your best friend." He slips the ring on my finger.

"Bella! It's time to go!" My mum yells. Niall gives me one last kiss, and I head out out the fort. When I get back to my house, which is piled high with boxes, I take one last look at my ring.

"Till the stars stop shining...." I repeat to myself.