Chapter 5: Just As It Was Meant To Be

Niall´s POV

                                                                 ___________________

        I am going to ask her. Yeah, that´s what I was going to do. I´m tired of waiting for her to feel the same, I´ll find that out relatively soon. Bella is going to come to my house, and then I´ll ask her. It´ll be like any other day, and I´ll do it when she´s least expecting it. The door bell rings, which means it´s time to take action. 

        ¨Niall?¨she asks. I run out and greet her with a hug. ¨Hey Nialler!¨

        ¨Hey princess!¨ 

        ¨Why are you so happy?¨

         ¨Because you´re here!¨

         ¨Ok....¨

         ¨Belle, come here, I have to ask you something...¨ I drag her outside and carry her bridal-style up to the tree house, where it all first started. I set her down and she stood up. I took her hand and bent down on one knee. ¨Isabelle, you are the most beautiful girl I´ve ever met. I can´t imagine life without you. It´s been the most amazing time being your best friend... It´s just...I want to take it up a notch. I want to be more than just best friends. And if you don´t want to, I understand. But Bella, can I take you on a date tonight?¨ 

                                                                           Bella´s POV

                                                            _______________________

           ¨Isabelle, you are the most beautiful girl I´ve ever met. I can´t imagine life without you. It´s been the most amazing time being your best friend... It´s just...I want to take it up a notch. I want to be more than just best friends. And if you don´t want to, I understand. But Bella, can I take you on a date tonight?¨ My eyes go wide  in shock. Niall just asked me out on a date.

        ¨I´d be stupid not to!¨ Niall grabs me and spins me around and then kisses me on the forehead. We laugh and enjoy this moment while it lasts. ¨I have to get something to wear, see ya later Niall!¨ I hear him laugh and I skip  to my house (I am really going insane). I run up to my room, ignoring my mom and siblings asking if I was okay. 

                                                                         ****************

         I settle on a simple yellow strapless sundress, since he said not to dress up too fancy. I put my hair in a side-bun and curl the rest of my hair. I throw on sandles and walk to the beach where he told me to meet him. I don´t see anything at first, but then I smell fire. There is a fire pit set up by the beach. There is a picnic place set up, and Niall is nowhere to be seen. I suddenly feel someone grab on to my neck and kiss me on the forehead. 

      ¨Hey princess.¨ He takes a hold of my hand and sits me down on a blanket by the fire. There is an array of food set out, and I´m expecting Niall to eat it all. He sets out the rest of the food, and he digs in. I laugh at him, I don´t think he even takes a breath in between bites. After we´re done eating, we lay down, looking up at the stars. It´s freezing out, and I start to shiver.

       ¨Here, you can take my jacket.¨ He takes off his jacket, and hands it to me. 

       ¨No! Nialler you´re gonna be freezing!¨

       ¨No, take it.¨ He puts it on me, and I smell him, and it makes me feel safe and comforted. He gets out his guitar and begins to strum my favorite song.

          ¨Hey there Delilah, what´s it like in New York City

           I´m a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty

           Yes you do, I swear it´s true

            Oh, what you do to me, oh what you do to me, it´s what you do to me...¨

          He continues on with the song, and I eventually join in, with my horrible-out-of-tune voice. The night soon becomes silent, and Niall turns his head to me and looked into my eyes.

          ¨I love you.¨

          ¨I-l love you too Niall.¨ We sit up and our lips crash together, and it takes a while before we finally pull apart. It´s just as it was meant to be.