Chapter 3: What Doesn't Kill You

Belle's POV

_____________________________

Niall's been acting so weird around me lately. He doesn't talk to me, like he's keeping a secret. Today I finally asked, while we were outside in the tree house sitting in silence. "Niall.. what's wrong, you've been acting so weird lately." Niall's face turns red and he looks at me in shock.

"I don't think you really want to know, Belle. It's for your own good.."

"Oh, so now you don't trust me?! I thought we were best friends! 'Till the stars stop shining, remember?! You know what? Forget it." I storm out of the tree house, Niall hot on my heels.

"Fine....I'll tell you. I just didn't want you to get hurt. Sit down." He sits me down on a lawn chair and takes my hands. "Belle.... Aiden's cheating on you." a single tear drops down on my cheek. "Shhh, it's okay princess, it'll be alright. Shh..." He takes me in his arms and wipes the tears off my face. "I'll be there for you." He holds me in his arms, where I feel so safe.

"Niall?.."

"Yes princess?"

"Of coarse." Niall takes my phone and calls Aiden. I hear cussing and Niall gets angry. He turns off my phone and hands it back to me. "He shouldn't be calling back anytime soon. I promise. Niall takes me in his arms again, and we're quiet.

"I thought he loved me.." I was calmed down this time.

"I did too princess, I did too.." We sit in silence for the next few minutes until Niall picks me up bridal style and takes me up to the tree house. I lay looking at the scrapbook, Niall playing with my hair.

***flashback***

I run away to the street in the pouring rain. I trip and fall, giving up and crying into my hands. The kids at school made fun of me because I didn't have a dad. He disappeared when I was little. I really want to know what he's like. The kids took my backpack and stole my necklace that he gave me right before he ran off. I hear Niall yell for me.

"Belle! Belle!" He runs up behind me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry, I won't let them ever do that to you again. I'll get you a new backpack. It's ok."

"But- but they took the necklace..that was my only thing that I had left of him."

"Oh.. I'm so sorry Belle.." I sit there in hims arms, and he pulls me back up and takes me to his house.

***flashback over***

I closed the book and look up at Niall's shining blue eyes. "Thanks." I tell him, and he freezes and looks back at me.

"For what?"

"Being there for me..when I really needed you."

"I'd do anything for you princess." He continues to play with my hair, and I drift off to sleep.

A/N: sorry for such a short chapter guys! I'm having writers block:/ thanks for reading! Watching Supernatural:) did you have a good Easter? I did. I got an iTunes card. Anyway, keep reading! I might make a new cover, this one looks kinda cheesy. Keep reading!!!!

-Maddy:)Xx