Chapter 14: Misunderstandings

Bella's POV

______________________

One day, as I got home from shopping with my aunt, there was a note lying on my bed, along with a pink, yellow, and orange sparkly dress.

"Bella, I'm taking you dancing, since I know that you've only done it once before. See you tonight at eight,

'Till the stars stop shining,

Niall¨

This must be some kind of joke, he knows that I dance terribly. I decide to put on the dress, because I only have 20 minutes until I have to leave. I do my makeup, looking in my mirror. I've gotten used to not having hair, but it's still a little weird. I don't wear a bandanna, because it doesn't really matter. Once I have the dress on, I walk downstairs to find him standing at the bottom of the stairs. He doesn't say anything, but he has that stupid grin spread across his face. We continue in silence as he walked me out to his car. He opened the door for me. I know we're going dancing, but why? Realization hits me as we're driving along.

"Niall..."

"Yes?"

"Why are we going dancing?" Niall frowns and gives me a weird glance, quickly focusing back on the road.

"Why?"

"Why are we going dancing?" I say firmly.

"Because I love you princess."

My voice cracks, keeping back tears. "Is it because I'm dying?" He quickly pulls over, putting his head in his hands, a single year streaming down his face. "It is....isn't it." I don't take my eyes off of him.

"I don't want to ever hear you say that again, Bella. No that's not why! That's sick!" He pounds his fist on the steering wheel. I jump back, startled. He sighs.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Wow, I'm a terrible person."

"Don't think that, I love you. Now can we go dancing?" Niall laughs and continues to drive to the dance.