Chapter 19: Stars Can't Shine Without Darkness

Bella's POV

                                                            _______________________

                                                                     *** 1 Year Later***

           "Happy two year anniversary Princess!" Niall surprises me up in the tree house while I'm reading a book. He's carrying a picnic basket full of my favorite foods. He pulls his guitar out and starts strumming a familiar song.

                   "White lips, pale face

                    Breathing in snowflakes

                     Burnt lungs, sour taste

                     And they say she's in the class A-Team

                     Stuck in her daydream

                      Been this way since eighteen 

                      But lately her face seems

                      Slowly sinking wasting

                      Crumbling like pastries

                      And they scream

                      The worst things in life come free to us

                       And we're just under the upper hand

                       And goes mad for a couple grams

                       She don't wanna go outside tonight

                       And in the pipe she flies to the motherland

                       Or sells love to another man

                        It's too cold outside for angels to fly"

                       His finglers fly over the frets, making beautiful music. He finishes the song and guides me to a garden strung with lanterns. There's a single bench and he sits me down. 

                     "Our relationship has had it's ups and downs. You're the sister I've never had. That night in the tree house was honest to god the best night of my life. I wouldn't change a thing about you. About us. When you were diagnosed with Cancer, nothing hurt more than the fact that I had to watch you suffer. How you tried to hide the pain, just so I wouldn't feel guilty. I've been in love with you, ever since you moved to Mullingar when we were five. Remember that girl that kissed me to make her boyfriend jealous? She died from drugs three years ago. I'm so happy that I didn't end up with her. Who knows where I'd be? I'd rather be with you than anyone else. In fact, I want to be with you until the stars stop shining. Isabella Rose, will you marry me?" 

                      "I'd be stupid not to." We pull into a long, passionate kiss. The ring isn't just any ring. It's a silver band with a diamond star in the middle, with two little stars on each side. 

                                                                            *******************

                         We lay on the ground, the same spot he kissed me when we were thirteen. A shooting star goes across the warm August sky. 

                                    "Make a wish!" I say.

                                      "Nah, I've got everything I've ever want right next to me."

                                     "That's the oldest one in the book." He pulls me into a tight squeeze as we admire the beauty of the bright stars in the sky. There are millions of stars, but only one can make your dreams come true. The one that shines the brightest when it's in darkness. Just because you don't find that star right away, doesn't mean you never will. Don't give up. Every story has a happy ending, no matter how bad it seems. Don't stop looking, because that one person will stay there until those bright lights in the night sky go out. 

                                                                                    The End 

A/N: I literally am crying right now! I love happy endings! I'd like to thank my AWESOME friends for supporting it. You guys are amazing:) Thanks to everyone who has read this book, I wouldn't have kept writing it if you guys didn't read, so it's you guys who made this story happen. Now's an appropriate time for my favorite quote...

           "What I need is a dandelion in the springtime, something that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that. So when it's all over he asks me,

                   'You love me, real or not real?'

                   I tell him, 'Real"

                                               -Katniss, Mockingjay