Chapter Four

****

****

Tyreese and Carol told Natalia that they were planning on staying in this cozy house instead of leaving. Raising the girls in such a quiet place was a good idea to them. Natalia, however, had other plans.

"I can't stay." Natalia said to the both of them. "Rick and Carl are still out there. I have to find them."

Natalia was now able to stand on her own after a couple of days of rest. "Merle and Johnny are probably in trouble. I can't stay put while knowing that."

"You can't go out there alone with Judith— you'll risk both your lives." Tyreese said in a matter of fact.

"What do you want me to do? Stay here and pretend that they aren't out there?" Natalia said fervently. "I lost Rick once, I'm not going to lose him again— I'm not gonna lose the others, too."

"There's a sanctuary." Carol caught Natalia's attention. "They call it Terminus— the signs have been put up all along the train tracks."

"Have you seen it?" Natalia shook her head to answer Tyreese's question before Carol continued.

"I think that if the rest are okay, they must've seen it."

———

Natalia sat on the edge of her bed, deep in thought as she massaged her temples. Pondering on whether she should check out Terminus and leave now, or take another day of rest that she logically needed.

She still wasn't strong enough. Braiding her hair took so much energy out of her, even when she got dressed. How was she going to keep Judith safe out there and look for her family when she couldn't go through a simple task?

"You are right, y'know." Tyreese said from the doorway of the room. "Sasha is still out there, I'm sure."

Natalia looked up at Tyreese as the bearded-man continued. "It isn't right if we sit here and play house while the others are out there."

"How legit is this Termite place?" Natalia asked.

"It's called Terminus. They had maps put up of their location. That's all I know— 'Sanctuary for all'." Tyreese quoted.

"Doesn't that seem...fishy to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"While we were at the prison, we never put up flyers, inviting strangers to our doorstep. Why would they take the risk? There are so many dangerous groups out there...they can't be that naive."

Before Tyreese could oppose, screaming could be heard from the garden— Natalia and Tyreese furrowed their eyebrows in question and made their way to the kitchen. From the kitchen window, they saw Lizzie maniacally screaming at Carol. Between them, was a walkers' corpse on the ground.