Chapter Fourteen

****

****

Rick led Michonne and the rest marched out of the church while Natalia, Gabriel, Eugene, Rosita and Tyreese stayed back with Carl.

Carl was on his feet, anxiously tapping his finger on his gun while Tyreese sat beside an unconscious Bob.

"Think it's going to work?" Rosita said to Natalia in a low voice.

"It's the only thing that'll work." Natalia frowned at Rosita and couldn't help feel irritated by Abraham, Eugene and Rosita.

They were doubting their plans, they were doubting Rick and challenging him. Natalia didn't take a liking to them. At least at first

Rosita could sense Natalia's frustration towards her and decided to keep her mouth shut.

While Rick and the others walked out of church, Gareth and his men watched. Thinking that they were truly out of the way, Gareth snuck up to the church.

Natalia immediately got beside the door and pulled out her gun, as did Carl, at the sound of the church door being opened. Gabriel grew fearful as he gripped onto the rosary in his hand, muttering prayers under his breath.

"Well, I guess you know we're here." Gareth called out menacingly in the darkness of the church. "And we know you're here. And we're armed. There's really no point in hiding anymore."

"We've been watching you." Gareth took cautious steps deeper into the church. "We know who's here...There's Bob."

"Unless you've put him out of your misery already." As Gareth neared the door, Natalia inched closer to the door, raising her gun higher. If Gareth was to attack at any moment, she wanted to be the one to take the hit first.

"Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friend Tyreese." Gareth called out their names.

"The pirate...Natalia." Gareth spoke with a hint of humor, poking a little bit of fun at her choice of weapon.

"Carl. Judith." Natalia's eyes darted to Carl, who had his gun pointed at the door; Carl was not even shaken up by Gareth and his men as he held his gun high and confident. Natalia was proud of her godson as she assertively nodded at him.

"Rick and the rest walked out." Gareth spoke out louder as his men stuck closely behind him, pointing their guns wherever their eyes traveled to. "That's a lot of your guns."

"Listen, we don't know where you all are, but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be."

The doorknob began to rattle and Natalia put up her hand, indicating that they shouldn't fire out of rashness.

"Look, you are behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want." Natalia heard a cock of a gun as Gareth continued to talk. "How about the priest? Father, you help us wrap this up we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?"