Chapter Seven

****

****

As Daryl confessed his love for Natalia Grimes, his eyes searched for an answer within her own as she stared up at him in astonishment.

"I get to hug her too, y'know." Michonne playfully said to Daryl as Michonne tipped Natalia's hat with a gentle and playful slap, breaking their eye contact.

Natalia flicked her hat up only to playfully shove Michonne— the two women hugged each other tightly as they giggled.

"I hate to admit it, but I think I actually managed to miss you a little."

"You shut your mouth, Mich."

Rick stood and watched the two women in delight— besides forming a great relationship with Carl, Michonne and Natalia seemed to also be forming a close friendship that Rick suspected they formed during their time searching for the Governor. Rick, however, just didn't know yet that the two would form an unbreakable bond.

Glenn and Maggie had also approached Natalia, each of them hugging her— As Natalia's curious eyes drifted to four unfamiliar faces, Glenn immediately vouched for them.

"Who the hell are those?"

"Those are our friends." Glenn answered.

Later, Natalia would get to know them as Tara, Abraham, Eugene and Rosita. It was just at this moment, Natalia was more concerned about her family than the strangers that stared— Natalia's eyes browsed over everyone as she searched for one person she was looking for.

"Where's Merle?" Natalia asked. "Was he not with you guys?"

As Carol lead them back to the cabin where Judith and Tyreese were, Natalia explained that it was her and Merle that made it out the prison together. But they soon lost each other after an interruption.

Daryl told Natalia that they didn't even see Merle and wondered if he was taken by the same people who took Beth. Natalia only told him that Tyreese had witnessed the same car that took Beth, take Johnny, too.

As they walked beside each other, Carl walking closely to his aunt, Daryl's eyes scanned over Natalia. Daryl noticed that Natalia's neck was rather red.

"What happened?" Daryl's fingers brushed over Natalia's neck as Carl turned his attention to them.

"It's just a work of an asshole." Natalia said with a forced smile. "You should have seen him, though."

While Natalia played it off lightly to Daryl, Natalia relived what had happened on the roof. The man who pulled her by the hair and choked her didn't have a good ending— Natalia managed to reach out to a broken pipe lying on the ground and smacked it on the side of his head. When the man fell to the ground, letting out a painful grunt, Natalia didn't end him mercifully. Her hands gripped onto the pipe tightly and beat him repeatedly until his head caved in. While Natalia viscously attacked the man like a wild animal, an image of the Governor swinging his sword at Hershel's neck flashed in her mind— for a moment, Natalia felt that she was no longer in control of her body anymore as rage took control of her.