Chapter Eleven

****

****

Tyreese sat on the ground with Natalia resting their backs against the wall while Judith sat in Natalia's lap.

"After we found everyone— I noticed you're smiling again." Tyreese softly smiled at the woman who whipped her neck in his direction.

During their time in the prison, Tyreese noticed how Natalia was always upbeat, conversing with her family and taking care of them. The time spent away from them, Natalia barely managed to crack a joke or throw a sarcastic remark. Natalia didn't even pay much attention to Lizzie and Mika. Now, Tyreese could recognize the Natalia he once knew back in the prison.

"I just never thought we'd ever find them again." Natalia said to Tyreese who listened to her intently. "But I can't stop wondering what happened to Johnny or what happened to Merle and Beth. They couldn't have just disappeared. Do you think they're...?"

"I believe they're still out there." Tyreese said, full of hope. "We'll find them. We just gotta find our strength first."

Natalia nodded before leaning her head back.

"I admire you, y'know?" the edge of Tyreese's lips curled up, his features now softer.

"What do you mean?"

"You take care of everyone. You put their needs and feelings before yours. You are a strong woman, Nat. I always see you trying your hardest to make everyone happy."

Her eyes welled up with tears that she held back, Natalia's smile was wide enough to show her dimples that Tyreese never noticed before.

"You do that, too— especially for Rick and myself. You take care of Judith like she's your own. I never thanked you for that."

"And you'll never have to."

Natalia leaned her head against Tyreese's broad shoulder and Tyreese comfortably laid his cheek on the top of her head.

"I miss them." Natalia said truthfully while Judith was trying to lift Natalia's hand playfully. "I miss Hershel and I miss Axel. I miss everyone we lost. The prison...I know it was just a place...but, hell, it was home. Our home."

"I know." Tyreese's voice broke at the memory of Karen. "I miss everyone too. I miss her...Karen, especially."

"I'm sorry about Karen. She was a good woman." Natalia felt her chest tighten in pain as memories began to play in her mind of all the people back in the prison.

Carl calling the two interrupted their heart felt conversation that the two never had with anyone else.

"Aunt Nat? Tyreese? There's something that I think you should see."

"You go, I think it's time for Judith's bottle." Tyreese easily lifted Judith off of Natalia and with a little thank you from Natalia to Tyreese, Natalia got out of the church with Carl.