Chapter Twenty

****

****

Natalia sat in her claustrophobic and dark cell that was different than the rest of her family's. The woman barely had any space to move and being stuck in a small space, it oddly felt cold.

Every now and then, Colman would open the slit in the door and check if she was still breathing. Natalia for the first two days, refused any meal he served her.

"You aren't eating." Colman said to Natalia in genuine concern, but Natalia wasn't having it.

"Fuck you." Natalia hissed as she turned to the eyes that looked at her from the slits of the door.

"You are wasting resources."

Natalia snorted and rolled her eyes that Colman missed.

"No one asked you to waste that resource on me." Natalia hissed again. "You brought me here, remember?"

Colman spent a lot of time watching Rick and Natalia along with their family; Althea assigned him Natalia and Rick as his main focus. Throughout his time watching Natalia Grimes, Colman saw the loving and cheerful side of her. Now, she looked at him with daggered eyes, ready to scratch his eyes out with her nails as she bared her teeth at him. Colman was now staring at a caged wild animal.

"Something changed in you." Colman said softly. "After Hershel...I saw it. I witnessed it. You cracked."

"No." Natalia stood and neared the door.

"Yes." Colman said. "I know the real you before it. I watched you— I can try...I can try and convince Althea to keep you. You can help this community grow. You are a smart woman, Natalia Grimes."

Natalia groaned in anger as she slammed the metal door, but it didn't phase Colman.

"I don't want you convincing whatever bitch to keep me around!" Natalia was now eye to eye with Colman as she stared at him from the door's slit. "You must be crazy to think that I'd help any of you!"

"Y'know what I'd do if I had the chance? I'd stick my hand up your ass and pull your spinal cord right out of it! Hell, I'll make Agatha do it!"

"Choose your words carefully." Colman slammed the slit in the door closed.

Natalia in anger, slammed her body against the metal door until the strength in her body drained. All through out her outrage, Colman was on the other side of the door, patiently counting how many times slammed herself against the door until she slid down to the ground.