9. War

BNard

I loaded my gun and kept my eyes on Vinny as he trailed in front of me. He was leading the team behind us and I had to keep up. To be honest, I didn't want to do this shit and I was shooting niggas just because I felt like it, whether they were on my team or not. After coming back from that bullshit with Da'Jah I was livid.

Vinny led us behind a large crate and Kaden looked at us back and forth before reaching for his automatic.

Currently we were going head to head with Hakeem and his squad. Shit was looking good for right now and I was almost positive that we had the upper hand.

We were all tensed and I could tell. I didn't know what was going through Vin's head, but whatever it was it was fucking with his conscious. He was mumbling shit to himself and he was messy with the way he was going about shit. He almost fucked around and got shot at the ware house.

Kaden was tense, but he was animalistic. His emotions were running every where and I knew his reason was because his crazy ass didn't take his medicine. I don't know why, but I didn't trust that shit. King is my bestfriend, but I most definitely won't deal with no mentally ill mother fucker that's carrying an automatic.

"You think that's the last of them or do we need to keep up on ou-"

Before Kaden could finish his sentence, a bullet went through the left side of his chest. My eyes widened and I dropped my gun as I ran to catch him before he fell. Kaden's eyes looked at me and then trailed down to his chest which had started to bleed vigorously.

"You should never let your guard down son. I see you young niggas don't know how to run game." An old voice resounded outside and I looked up as tears clouded my eyes. I seen the fucking bullet pierce his heart, this shit couldn't be real right now.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, niggas from our side were pulling Kaden out of my arms and running for cover. Bullets were flying back and forth and Vin was shaking my shoulder as he pushed my gun in front of my face.

"Bashir we gotta fucking move, Kaden will be okay !" He screamed in my face and I shakily grabbed my gun as I stood to my feet and started shooting back. I seen Hakeem come from behind who I assumed to be his pops with a Cheshire grin on his face.

Vin was shooting as his father who seemed to deflect every bullet or move out of the way. It seemed unreal how we were just winning and now we were straining to keep ourselves alive.

"Vinny cover me Ima go for Hakeem !" I shouted and he nodded as he started shooting at Hakeem's father and multiple people who were trying to shoot at me. I ran towards Hakeem and jumped over a crate, skidding across it and landing on top of him.

As soon as my fist made contact with his face it was over. I was tired of playing this game of cat and mouse for these long ass 5 years. I swung my fist into his nose and jaw several times until I felt blood splatter across my face.

I didn't stop until he over powered me and kicked his legs up, making me tumble off of him. Before he could get up, I grabbed my gun and shot him in the back of the leg.

"You not going out easy bitch and it ain't no fucking running ! You better hope King pull through this shit !" I viciously grabbed him by his leg and dragged him across the ground as Vin came around with the truck.

I threw Hakeem in the backseat and knocked him out with the butt of my magnum before hopping in the front seat and watching as Vin drove off.

"You good ? You hurt ?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road. "I'm straight man, where's Kaden ?!" I asked with panic in my voice. I was so stressed out and afraid that I might have lost another person that I cared about to this drug shit. I was starting to reconsider my saying of the drug life being my only love.