26. A Time To Be Alive

* KP IN MEDIAAAAA

"But these were just visions I shouldn't have been having. It was just something I couldn't bare to see." – Maria

Vinny

"I'm sorry Kaden. Honestly, I know I haven't been honest and truthful, and that's fucked up on my part. But I just needed you to understand the position I was in. If a nigga held a knife to the mother of your child's neck could you honestly sit there and do nothing?" I asked loudly, clearly upset for having to apologize to Kaden so many times.

Him and Bashir were high as fuck and I had to keep repeating myself just to get my point across. They acted like children and it annoyed me to no end. I swear you would think I'm the fucking oldest.

"Yo man, you right, you right. I should'veeeee beeeeeeen, more understanding." Kaden stretched his words but had a serious look on his face. I guess what I'm going to have to do is kill these niggas high.

"I had sex with a girl on her period before and then I stuck my dick in her mouth." Bashir immediately widened his eyes and ran into the bathroom, while Kaden jumped up to face me. "Nigga what the fuck type of shit is that? You nasty as fuck man."

I chuckled to myself and sat down in the love seat across from Bashir and Kaden. "I had to kill y'all high so that I could get y'all attention. Now listen. We are brothers. Ever since I was 16 and I met y'all knuckle head muhfuckas, we've been a team. Nobody could ever break our bond or catch up slipping in the streets. We need to get back to this. I know we all have got into some shitty drama and fucked ourselves up, but that's just something we gotta get past. The trap been left unattended for weeks now, damn near months. I feel like we distant, and because of that our empire is falling apart. We gotta resolute a new slate man."

Kaden nodded his head to every word that I said and finally chose to speak up. "I visit the trap once a while to keep shit running. I know numbers been low, but I haven't had accurate charts, so I didn't know who to fire or who to question."

Bashir looked at Kaden and then back at me. "Really ? Cause last time I was at the trap, yo last side bitch told me shit was booming." "And you took her word for it?" I asked looking at Bashir stupidly. Everybody know Simone only still working at the trap because she wanna get to Kaden. She'll say anything or do anything to make you believe some bullshit and keep shit from changing.

"Listen. I went to the trap house yesterday, shit ain't too bad but it's definitely not good. I charted most of the sales and conditions yesterday and Maria came by to help–" "Maria came by the trap?" Kaden asked quietly.

"She ain't tell you?" I asked, trying to play my role carefully. We all know what happens when Kaden gets too upset. "No she didn't tell me. She left to be at the trap like a little hood hoe when she could've been with me and her son?" He asked loudly, his chest rising with every word. Bashir sighed and shook his head as he mouth bad move to me.

I decided to be honest because I couldn't take no more secrets. If Kaden was going to be mad then so be it. It's all getting put on the table. "Honestly, she was still stripping and was probably coming from the strip club yesterday. She called me and asked could she come through, I said yeah. I started charting and then she wanted to help. She was good at it so I gave her a permanent job at a charter and told her to stop fucking stripping. Something you obviously couldn't get her to do."

Bashir stood between the two of us, knowing that shit was about to get right back to square one.

"Are y'all fucking or some shit behind my back? Ain't no brother and sister that fucking close! And you ain't my brother if you keeping shit like that from me!" Kaden yelled as he stood up, veins showing on his forehead.