14. Back Against The Wall

Vinny

"Nard, you're my brother, and.." I sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets and stared at the floor. "I ain't know that that was your bitch man. She never mentioned you one time, and I was so sure I used a rubber every time I fucked." He nodded and urged me to continue.

"I mean fucked up part about it is, I fell in love with her. And I can't just fall out of love with her cause of this." I stated firmly and BNard looked at me as if I was stupid.

"The fuck do you mean ? You gone stop whatever going on between Yall cause she my bitch !" "Bashir I love her. This isn't going to change my feelings for her. Of course I'm not gone fuck around with her no more, but I just want you to know I possess real feelings for her, and my seed it if happens to be mine." I stated honestly as I leaned against the wall seriously.

Da'Jah sneaked me and it caught me off guard, but I'm not the type of nigga to say fuck my baby mama and my seed just because of a situation like this. If this baby is mine, then I hope B knows that we will forever have a bond. It doesn't matter what he thinks because she will be having my seed, and the woman that gives me a child would have to become my queen. I don't believe in that co-parenting shit.

"Man she said the baby could be both of ours. The last time I was over there she told me she would just co-parent and try and be in a relationship with me." He stated mater of factly, and I smirked. I was to calm and level headed to let a remark get to me. I was better than that, and I thought Bashir as my brother would be above petty bullshit.

"So you basically don't want me in Da'Jah life at all?" I questioned as I rubbed the sore skin around my throat. I still can't believe he shot me. "That's what I'm saying Vincent. She's been the only piece of my child hood that I have. That's my woman, and you should respect that."

"She's having my child, you should respect that." I countered back and he grit his teeth as he sighed and took a deep breath. "Vin you're the 21 year old little brother that I've always loved, but you're also still a fucking kid compared to my 25 years of living. You don't know what the fuck I been through with that girl, and I'm not allowing you to take her away from me. You making shit personal."

I chuckled as I pretended to be confused. "Oh I'm sorry, I seem to be a little bit puzzled..You honestly think I'm about to be a Hakeem ass nigga ? Did you think Ima have a kid with my woman and let another nigga sweep in and play house with Da'Jah and my kid? You're mistaken." I continued to laugh as B continued to get upset.

"Vin you pushing my limit." He said quietly and his hand settled on his gun. "Oh what, you gone shoot me again?" I challenged and he got quiet as he clenched his fist. "Don't try and play me like a fucking kid Bashir. I'm not 16 no more, and you ain't 21 no more. I'm younger than you but I'm smarter and I could take your life without you knowing I did a fucking thing. This ain't a war you wanna start. I love King and that's my brother, but I ain't about to be caught up in a twisted love story like him and Mario was with each other."

The door opened and as expected, Kaden popped me in the mouth with what felt to be a pen. "Bitch you in here sneak dissing, watch ya mouth." He chuckled and I smiled as he put a blunt in my hand.

I intended to have a real talk with Bashir and set aside this situation with Da'Jah, but he wasn't going to come between me being with the mother of my child. And when I got the time I was going to call Da'Jah and set her ass straight. But before I lost my mind, I needed to wait for that baby to be born. If it was mine, then I would carry out my role as a father.

And if it was Bashir's, I might've had to kill Da'Jah and him himself.

Maria

I rung my hair out in the sink and pulled back, wrapping a towel around my head. After the incident with Kaden at the hospital two days ago, I dug around and found Imani's number. I didn't have any where to go and I needed somewhere to crash until I got a job and apartment.