10. Bad Days

Hakeem

I coughed up blood as a nigga by the name of BNard repeatedly slammed his fist into my stomach. I was sure my left arm was broken and my skin was burning from the lighter fluid that another nigga with dreads lit. No matter how much physical pain I was enduring, I wouldn't break. These niggas wouldn't even be alive much longer when my father comes back for me.

BNard threw a vicious left hook and my head tilted back as I felt my teeth loosening in my mouth. I wanted to moan in pain, but I screwed my eyes shut and dealt with it. I was praying that my body would shut down from the level of pain I was enduring, but it was taking to fucking long.

"You're interesting. Your immunity is amazing." The younger nigga with dreads voiced as he smiled in my face. Typical brains behind the ruthless killers, the pretty boy who didn't get his hands dirty with other people's blood. He didn't install fear into me, and I hoped he understood that.

"You..probably a nigga who ain't caught his first body yet..I ain't about to fold to a couple of pussy niggas!" I shouted half heartedly, but even that hurt. BNard punched me again and I whined in pain as my resolve broke. This nigga was seriously loosening my teeth.

"Oh that's cute. I've murdered hundreds, I could be an assassin or some shit. I mean I'd add you into my list, but I think Bashir is going to kill you before I can." He stepped back as Bashir hit me again, making my cheek swell up. I spit more blood out of my mouth and looked at the nigga with dreads with hate.

"Once my father come back for me this shit is over." I voiced quietly, and the nigga with the dreads got a crazy smile on his face before pointing a machete at my head. My eyes widened and my heart beat increased as I started to feel fear. These niggas was on some call of duty type shit.

"You shouldn't talk so much, that annoys me." His smile vanished and he walked away as BNard wiped the blood off of his knuckles. His glare never left my face and I glared back as I struggled with my restraints.

He opened his mouth and then closed it and he shook his head as he walked off behind the nigga with dreads. I could only breathe a sigh of relief as the guards stood in front of the door they had just walked out of.

I had to find a way out of here.

Vinny

"Nard you need to chill with the hits, you'll kill him." I said as I sat in the car with Bashir. He sighed and lit a blunt as I started the car and drove the route to the hospital. It had been a month since the turf war, and we were struggling for our loses.

While we did manage to run Hakeem and his organization out of Miami, we sustained a great amount of injuries, with Kaden being our biggest one. He was in a temporary coma, and the doctors had called me earlier, letting me know that he had woken up earlier this morning. I hadn't told Bashir yet because I didn't know how he would take it.

Because of Kaden's condition, Bashir has beaten himself up constantly. Not only does he beat Hakeem down to almost blood and bones, but he injures himself as well. He thinks that Kaden almost lost his life because of him, and it fucks me up to see my brother like that.

Since Hakeem lost the turf war, it fucked up his connects pretty bad, and people all over Mexico were coming to Miami to do business with us. Our drug trafficking wasn't the problem, and the money we been making has been doubling off the charts.

"I don't see why you don't just let me kill him Vin, he almost took Kaden's life !" He yelled angrily and I nodded as I pulled in the parking lot of the hospital. "And I know that, but we need answers out of him. Only he knows where his father is, and that's our real threat."

Bashir rolled his eyes and skipped past the receptionist desk, taking the elevator to Kaden's room. I sighed and shook my head but followed behind him without a sound. I know how he felt, and it was just a bad recovery for everyone.

Once we reached the room, I opened the door and seen Bashir shaking his head at Kaden. He pulled up a chair next to his bed and I chuckled as I sat on the other side of the room.

"Kaden stop fucking faking, you know this nigga hurt as it is." I said in a playful voice, and Kaden blinked his eyes open as a smirk played across his face. Bashir rose his eyebrows and I started dying laughing as Kaden dapped him up.

With help from the nurse, Kaden sat up and Bashir just continued to stare. "Nigga I know yo ass ain't fucking crying?" Kaden questioned as Bashir wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Nawh I just got some dust in my eyes, you know ion do that homo shit.." Kaden shook his head and pulled Bashir into a bro hug slowly. His body was still sluggish, and I could tell that he was getting used to his surroundings still.

"I'm good man, you know some faggot ass nigga couldn't get rid of me." B nodded and I pulled the nurse to the side.

"How is he doing ? When do you think he can leave ?" She bit on her lip and I rolled my eyes. "He should be good to go in about two weeks. Since his coma was due to anemia, we'll spend time checking his blood and making sure his new heart functions properly." I groaned and nodded as I said my thanks and sat back down.

Two weeks was to long, we needed Kaden back on the streets now. We'd have to lay low for a while until he came back and led the cartel. I texted a couple of the people I had in charge until me and B got back and checked the security cameras through my iPhone. I never left anything unattended too.

My phone vibrated against my thigh and I answered without looking at the screen. "Hello?" I asked, as I stuffed a Dorito in my mouth. "V-vin..we need to talk." I frowned at the voice and looked towards my screen in annoyance.

"What do you want Da'Jah?" Once I said that, BNard cut his sentence and looked at me in confusion. Weird..

"I'm pregnant Vincent, you were the last person I had sex with that night.." I stared at the phone and began to chuckle. This bitch was crazy if she thought she was about to trick me into believing that I had a kid by her.

"Pretty sure that's yo nigga's problem princess." I hung up in her face and Kaden and Bashir looked at me with disappointment.

"Nigga I taught you to wrap it up, now ya got broads calling you talking about they pregnant." Kaden laughed as he changed the channels on his personal TV. I groaned and shook my head as I continued to eat my chips.

"I told you K, that bitch had a boyfriend and kicked me out of her place just cause he was coming over. That could be his baby for all I know." Kaden nodded but then paused.

"And just as much as that could be that nigga kid, it could be yours. You never denied not wrapping it up." Bashir looked at me weirdly and chuckled awkwardly.

"Lowkey my girl had a nigga over before I came to her crib. I was thinking about killing her ass for the hell of it and the nigga she had in the damn house I paid for." I shook my head as Kaden said his famous line.

"These hoes ain't shit I keep telling you niggas."

"What's her name?" I asked curiously as I got up to throw my bag away.

"Da'Jah. I'll never trust another bitch again. Guess I'll just keep fucking and ducking these kids." I paused and looked at Bashir.

"D-Da'Jah Martinez?" I stuttered and he nodded, looking at me weirdly. "Nigga why didn't you tell me that was yo bitch !" I yelled angrily as I stood in his face.

BNard pushed me back slightly and shook his head. "Man what the fuck you talking about ? Chill out."

"Nigga Da'Jah is the bitch I slept with without a rubber !" Before I could register what was happening, Bashir punched me in the face and I flung back as I hit the door. He pulled his gun out of his waist band and I licked my lip as I tasted the metal.

"I should fucking kill yo ass right now ! Fucking with my girl behind my back ! Nigga you suppose to be my brother !" He yelled as he pointed the gun against my throat. I remained unfazed and watched quietly.

"If you gone kill me over some rat ass bitch, do it."

I could only groan in pain as I felt a bullet tear through my skin.

It really was a bad day..