28.With A Grain Of Salt

Maria

I scratched behind my neck and yelped in pain as my skin started to burn. "Damn that still hurts.." I mumbled to myself and took a deep breathe before I knocked on Bashir's hotel room door. As expected, somebody like my best friend, Erikah answered. She smiled at me and extended the door before walking away from it.

"Now, what is so urgent that you had to come and tell me?" She chuckled as she sat on the couch in front of the flat screen and popped open a tub of icecream. "Eri..it's really bad. You have to promise not to tell." I pouted and laid up under her on the couch, placing my head underneath her chin.

She chuckled and rubbed my head as she spoon fed me ice cream. "Okay, mama bear got ya. What happened?" I prepped myself for her disgust and disappointment. I knew I was going to have to tell Kaden at some point, I just didn't know when.

Flash back

"Maria..can I kiss you?" I blinked at Vinny a few times before my eyes got blurry. I rubbed them, and realized that I had started laughing. "Vincent really, very funny. But we need to figure out what you're going to do about Da'Jah and the b–"

Vin cut me off and pressed my lips to his while pressing all of his body weight on me. He broke off and immediately attached himself to my neck, sucking hard. My limbs started to weaken and I moaned loosely as I pushed on Vin's shoulders. "Vin seriously what the fuck a-are you doing!"

"Trying to show the girl that's always loved me that I love her." He voiced perfectly clear, trying to wander his two fingers inside of my pearl through my pants.

Believe, Vinny is sexy as hell. Beautiful teeth, long nice and clean dreads, hey you name it. But he's MY BROTHER. This cannot happen and Kaden will already kill me for the mark.

"Chulo, forgive me for this, por favor." I brought my knee up and made contact with his dick and pushed him off of me. I grabbed my purse and keys and quickly ran out of the hotel and called the only person I knew I could trust and tell.

*flash back over

"My god..t-that is bad. That is um..definitely not good." I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips as I turned the channel on the tv. "Erikah, bitch seriously. Not helping." She bit on her lip and got up, walking into the bathroom. She came back with a bandaid and placed it on my neck. "Don't take that off, ever. If Kaden questions, say you went to get a flu shot, ill cover for you."

I sighed and covered my face as Erikah let my hair down and styled it to hide the bandaid. "Eri..I'm going to tell Kaden. The bad thing is he already suspects something was going on. It's going to be hard for me to deal with the aftermath." She nodded and spoon fed me more icecream.

"Right, but at least you have the decency to be honest unlike some people I know.." I sighed and shook my head. I had told Erikah about the baby not being Vin's or Bashir's. I don't know how he would feel, I honestly think he wanted to be a good dad. Bashir's the oldest, and he doesn't want to be in the game forever.

"I just..don't know. My life is always so hectic after I get good things going for myself, you know?" Erikah nodded and rubbed my back as I took my phone out.

king.: baby
me: yes love?

My heart stopped and I already felt guilty for not running to Kaden and telling him now. Just when I had gotten my family pieced together, it was falling apart.

king.: i miss u, i just got home. wen u coming here? wanna take u and ur little brat out to his favorite restaurant

I smiled to myself and Erikah looked over my shoulder. Next thing I know the white bitch was cooing extra loud in my ear. "It must be nice to have a family." I smiled and snuggled back under Erikah. "It is, honestly. But I wish I could've waited just a little longer you know..instead of being raped and having to conceive him. I love him, of course. But..you know..it's hard being so young."