15. Fear

Da'Jah

I sat on the couch crying my eyes out after the bad news I had just received. My favorite cousin Taniyah was found dead somewhere in an abandoned house.

I couldn't understand how someone would want to do this to her, she was the sweetest girl anyone could ever meet. She was always happy and was down to do fun things. So why would somebody take her life ??

I called my brother Michael and cried to him the entire day. Whoever did this to my cousin was going to suffer a painful and regrettable death. If Taniyah deserved her life being taking away from her, then I was going to make sure the person who did it got the same deal.

Even though I had my own problems, Taniyah's death sat on my conscience. I know I needed to stop stressing because it was bad for the baby, and if I miscarried there was no telling what the boys would do to me.

I told Michael that I would call him later and got out of my bed, deciding to take a shower and get out the house to take my mind off of my cousin. I settled for a simple sun dress with gladiator sandals and a sun hat. After showering, brushing my teeth and washing my face, I was out the door.

My phone buzzed against my thigh, so I answered it while keeping on hand on the steering wheel.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I..know I reacted to you wrong about your baby, and that was a hoe nigga move. I'm not a child and shouldn't have acted like one. If this baby is truly mine I want to be in his or her life, as well as yours. The woman that births my children deserves everything from me.."

I widened my eyes in surprise and started to blush uncontrollably. "I-I don't know what to say.." I stated honestly while pulling up into the local clinic. I got out of my car and walked inside of the clinic, bumping into a strong chest. I dropped my phone and sighed as I hurriedly looked up to apologize.

To my surprise, Vinny stood there with a smirk covering his face. He bent down and picked up my phone, hanging it up and placing it into my hand. "Say that you'll let me be apart of this.." He placed his hand over my small pudge and smiled, quickly pulling me into a tight hug.

The change in his attitude was confusing, and I wondered what made him have a change of heart. But the only thing I could focus on was that handsome face. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso, letting a few tears drop.

"Why are you crying ? I thought women liked the sentimental shit." He stated as he scratched his head and gave me an uneasy glance. I chuckled and reached in my purse to wipe my eyes with a small tissue. "I'm not crying because of you..I just been really depressed lately and this makes me happy.."

Vinny grabbed my hand and led me to the waiting area. After I checked in with the front desk, we sat and waited for my name to be called. "What's been happening that got you so depressed?" He asked, but his attention wasn't on me. It was on a dark male that looked to be in his 40's. They stared each other and I frowned as I tightened my grip on his hand.

"Well..my cousin Taniyah was murdered recently a-"

"That was your cousin ?" His eyes widened for a brief second, but then they were back questionable as he stared at that man. "Yes and I been going through things with you and Bashir and-"

"Baby listen. I'll listen to you talk all you want after I come back to your crib tonight. Right now I want you to go to the bathroom and go in a stall and don't come out till I come get you alright? Lock the door and keep other females in there with you. Especially pregnant women."

He kissed my head and got up as he nodded his head towards the bathroom. I was confused but I obeyed and started to get women to go into the stalls. Some were angry and confused and I didn't know what to tell them. I was just as baffled as they were.