Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

Once I'm in my room. I walk towards the futon using my sense of touch. I lay down and pulls the blanket until it reaches just below my chin. I close my eyes, letting my mind drift off as I slowly start to fall asleep.

-A Mysterious Man-

Y/N P.O.V

"I'd take the roses, please..." a person said. I reach out to grab the roses, handing it to the person. "Thank you, and here's the money. I'm impressed even though you can't see... you didn't let that stop you from living your life" he said.

"Yeah. I don't want to make my parents worried... so I've got to find a way to continue my life the way I am" I said. I head a soft chuckle from the man. I feel a gentle pat on my back.

"You're so much more independent than most girls your age... the girls that I've met are all very whiny" he said. I just let out a hushed giggle. I don't like the way people kept comparing me to others. But it's their mouth. I can't control what they want to say. If I try to, they're going to make a fuss about it. So I'd rather stay out of trouble. "I'll be taking my leave now. Take care of yourself" he said.

"I will... thank you, sir" I said, nodding my head. I feel the man leaving. I wait until I can't feel his presence any longer. I let out a sigh of relief. "He left... finally. He was starting to get a little too touchy for my liking" I said, in a hushed voice as I feel relieved that the man had left.

"There she is! That's her!" A voice said. I tilt my head a little to the source of voice. Judging from the voice. I can tell that the person is a girl, and she doesn't sound very happy. I hear a bunch of footsteps which means she's not alone.

"Can I help you?" I said. Judging by the presence. There are about 4 girls in total. "Would you like to buy flowers, kind ladies?" I said. I hear a scoffed from one of them. I feel there's a bad intention from these girls.

"Buy these cheap looking flower? And not to mention... from a blind girl. Who do you think we are? A charity?" She said. The other three let out a sound of agreement. I frown at what she said. I'm used to being made fun of because of my blindness. But these girls are the rudest.

I feel a tug on my hair, making me wince in pain. I try to move but she only tightens her grip. "We're so tired of you and the way you think so highly of yourself! Every guy we've ever liked would always tell us how amazing you are!" She screeches.

"You're nothing but a useless blind girl!" Another one spat hatefully. I feel a sharp stinging sensation on my right cheek. I hold it, realizing one of them had just slapped me. "What's so special about you anyway?!" She yelled again.

I just sit there, not able to fight back as these girls keeps on harassing me. They slap me, pushed me around. I bit my lips, trying to keep my emotions in. I don't want to burst and give them some sort of reaction. It would only make things worse for myself.

The girls suddenly went silent. I move to sit weakly, as I hear the girls running off. I feel another presence near me. The person slowly walks towards me. But I just stay silent. The person just stays silent. I assume they're just checking me.

Akaza P.O.V

"Thank you..." she said, in a soft voice. I furrowed my eyebrows at her words. Is she not afraid of me? I mean those girls just ran off the moment they saw me, as they instantly figured out what I am. But this girl just thank me instead.

"You're not afraid of me?" I said. She just stays silent as she lift her head. My eyes caught the sight of her eyes. They're a shade of pale e/c, which makes me realize that this girl is blind.

"No... am I suppose to?" She asked. I can't blame her for not getting scared. She can't see what I am. I stare at her face. Her cheeks are bruised because of those girls, and judging by the way she's breathing, she must be in pain somewhere too. "Can you tell me your name?" She said, snapping me out of my daze.

"I'm Akaza..." I said. A soft smile starts to form on her lips. Despite her condition. She still radiates warmth and kindness. It's like the way those girls treated her didn't have any effect.

"Thank you again for saving me, Akaza-San. My name is L/N Y/N..." she said. I just hum at what she said. It's not like I had intended on saving her. I was just passing by when those girls saw me and ran off the moment they realize I'm a demon.

I notice the girl's head keeps on falling a little. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. She opens her mouth to speak. But no words came out. Instead, her body falls to the side as she seems to lose her consciousness. "Hey. Wake up!" I said. But she didn't respond.

I look around the area. It's getting later the moment the sun has set. I can't leave her out here on her own. There are other demons that would love to have her as their meals. Should I take her with me?

"You've got to be kidding me..." I mumbled to myself. I turn to look at the girl. I shake my head and stand up. "It's not my problem what happened to this human" I said. I turn around to walk away. But before I could take another step. I stopped and turn to look at her. I let out a groan and ruffles my hair. I can't believe it.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I wince in pain the moment I woke up. At first I feel a little confused, until I remember what had happened. I feel a presence near me. I turn my head slightly to the person.

"Akaza-San? Is that you?" I said. I hear a hum from the said person, which lets me know that I was correct. It is him. "Where am I? Whose house is this?" I asked.

"Hmmm... you're not as clueless as I thought you'd be. Somehow you know where you are and that I'm here. You're one interesting girl" he said. I just stay silent at what he said. I feel his presence coming closer to me. "I took you to my hideout... the sun has risen. So I have to stay indoor to avoid the sunlight" he said. That caught my attention. He has to stay indoor to stay away from the sun?

What is he?

*to be continued*