Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"This isn't my turf. But I still wouldn't let anyone come near it" I said. He stares at me with a confused look. I turn my gaze towards the house that's still faintly visible from where we are. "The girl living in that house is Y/N. She's a human but she's mine. I won't let any demon put her in harms way. Especially not a lowlife demon like you" I said. I stand straight and tighten my grip on his head, crushing his skull. I wave my hand to get rid of the blood. I turn my head to look at Y/N's house. Don't you worry, Y/N.

I will keep you safe

-A Helping Hand-

Akaza P.O.V

It's weird... by the time I reached the spot where Y/N normally sits to sell her flowers, she's nowhere in sight. It makes me feel worried because there's not a day she'd miss the chance to sell her flowers. Where could she be?

I decide to just head to her house, to check on her. I turn around and runs off, making my way to her house to check on her. I sure hope she will be fine. 

It didn't take long for me to reach her house. I jump and land on a tree near her house. The door to her house is slightly open, allowing me clear view of what's inside. I can see Y/N lying in her bed. Her face looks pale, which lets me know that she's sick.

Her parents are both sitting across near her. They're facing the door, so I get a clear view of her face. They look so worried for her. It makes me wonder if her illness is serious.

"What should we do now, F/N? We don't have money. How can we afford to take her to the doctor?" Her mom asked. She places the newly wrung cold towel on Y/N's forehead. She turn her head to look at her husband. He turn to look at her.

"I'll go and hope I'd be able to find a good medicinal herb for her. Stay here and look after her, okay?" Her Father said. Her mother only nods his head. He turn to look Y/N who's sleeping. He leans down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Please hang in there, okay?" He said in a soft voice. He gives his wife a quick hug before getting up to leave the hut.

So they need money for Y/N's treatment. I think I can help them with that. I jump off the tree and speeds off. Hang in there, Y/N. I won't let anything bad happen to you. You're gonna be okay.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes. As usual, the only thing I'm able to see is darkness. But if I do see, I'm sure it's the ceiling of my house that I'll be seeing.

I feel presence near me and I recognize it. "Mom?" I said, in a soft voice. I feel a hand going to my head, gently smoothing out my h/c hair. I hear a soft hum coming from her to let me know she's listening. "I can't sense dad here... where is he?" I asked.

"Your father is out to look for some medicinal herb for you, sweetie... it's been a while since he left. Maybe he will return soon" she said. I just hum softly and nod my head. "Are you okay? Are you in pain?" She asked.

"No, mother... I feel fine" I said, smiling softly towards her direction. I hear footsteps coming closer to the house. "I think Father is home" I said. I feel mother getting up, and head towards the door.

"Honey! I found this by the door!" His voice said. I raise an eyebrow as I wonder what he's talking about. I hear a gasp which most likely comes from mother. "Y/N! You are not going to believe this! Someone left money by the door. I must thank whoever it is... because now we can get you treated!" He said. I just smile softly at what he said.

"That's great, Father. But who would leave moneys in our doorsteps?" I said. It just doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone leave money in front of our house? Judging by sound of the bag, the money isn't a small amount either. Who would leave that much money for us?

"With this amount... we can even get your eyes treated. Y/N, there's hope that you'd be able to see again!" I hear Mother said excitedly. I just smile at how happy she is. It is everything that I have been wished for. To be able to see the world like everyone else. So to know that there's finally hope that it would come true, is truly everything.

A Few Days Later

I still decide to sell flowers even though I already have enough money to do my surgery. It's the only way I could think of. It's the only way... to meet him.

"Akaza-San..." I said, in a soft voice when I'm able to feel him close. I hear a soft chuckle coming from him. I feel him taking a seat next to me. 

"I would never get tired of this. Your senses truly are amazing, Y/N-San..." he said. I let out a soft giggle at what he said. I feel someone coming towards us. It's a man and he wants to purchase one of my flowers. "Why are you still selling. Don't you already have money?" He said. I frown at what he said. I turn my head towards his presence.

"I never said that to you..." I said. I can practically feel him tensing up by my statement. "How did you know about that, Akaza-San?" I said. There's a moment of silence as he didn't respond to my question. A sense of realization finally washes over me. "It was you, wasn't it, Akaza-San? You were the one who left the money in our doorsteps?" I said. I hear him suck a deep breath.

"Fine... you caught me. Man... nothing really went past you, huh?" He said, sighing softly. I let out a giggle at what he said. "So, back to my question. Why are you still selling flowers, when you already have enough money for your eyes?" He asked.

"Because... it's the only way I know that I'd be able to meet you. You're a regular, remember? You always came and kept me company until it's time for me to go back home..." I said, smiling softly.

Akaza P.O.V

I feel my heart skip a beat, hearing her reason why she's still selling flowers out here. She continue this despite having the money just so she could be around me? She did this... so she could meet me? Even though she can't see. What would she said when she's finally able to see and learn the truth that I'm a demon? Will she still want to be around me?

*to be continued*