Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

I'm so happy to meet these people and how welcoming they are of me. They make me feel accepted. Mom... Dad... you don't have to worry about me. I have these people by my side. I'm not alone.

-You'll Be Okay-

Y/N P.O.V

I jump out of the way as a demon tries to strike me. My swords in my hand as I land swiftly not far from it. I hold the hilts. "Crystal Breathing Technique - Second Form : Twin Staurolite" I said, jumping forward placing both of my swords in an 'X' form as I swiftly cut the demon's neck.

I land on the ground and fling my swords, to get rid of the demon's blood. Not long after my promotion as a Hashira, I learned that I fought better using two swords instead of one. That's why I requested for a second one, similar to the first. Which is why I possess a dual swords instead of a single sword.

I turn my head to look ahead as the first sign of sunlight starts to appear from the distance. I just watch as the sun starts to rise. The light didn't bother my eyes as much as it did. Seems like I had gotten used to it. Just like what my parents always said. In a matter of time, I'll get used to seeing everything.

"Ah... I'm tired" I said, stretching my arms above my head after placing my swords back in their sheaths. I wince in pain and turn to look at my shoulder, noticing a small cut. "I think I should head back to the Corps, and have Kocho check on it..." I mumbled. I hum softly and nod my head. I turn around, as I begin to head back to the Demon Slayer base.

***

I hear a voice calling out my name. I stop walking and turn around to see Rengoku. I smile softly at him as I wait for him to catch up. He eventually stops walking when he's right in front of me. He turn his head to look at my shoulder, noticing the blood seeping through the fabric.

"You're hurt..." he said, worriedly. I turn my head to look at my shoulder. "Is it hurting you? Are you okay?" He asked. I just smile at how worried he looks. I lightly nod head to let him know I'm fine.

I stumble a little as I try to take a step. Rengoku is quick to catch my body before I fall over. "Woah... you're clearly not okay" he said. I just smile weakly at him. He let out a sigh. He gently places his hands on my back and behind my knees. I wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up. "I'll take you to the Hospital Ward, okay?" He said. I said nod my head. I place my head on his shoulder as he carries me there. I close my eyes as I feel exhausted.

I feel my body getting placed into something soft. I open my eyes to see I'm laying on a bed. Rengoku takes a seat on the edge of the bed as he smiles at me. I just give him a small smile.

"I'll go get Kocho to check up on you, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He stands up and walks away. I just watch as his figure left the room. I wince in pain when I feel something burning sensation on the wound on my shoulder. I move my shirt to the side to see my skin have turned purplish. My eyes widen when I realize I must had been poisoned when the demon's claw strikes me.

The burning sensation eventually gets worse. I open my mouth as I let out a scream. My eyes shuts tightly as I clutch onto the affected area. I hear footsteps rushing up to me.

"L/N-San!" Kocho said. She rushes to my side. She place her hand on my head. "Remove your hand. Let me take a look at the wound" she said. I loosened my clutch to allow her to gently remove my hand. Her eyes widen when she saw the wound. "This is serious, Rengoku-San. She's been poisoned... I have to make an antidote as soon as possible or she won't make it through the night" she said.

"Then hurry..." Rengoku said, panic is clearly shown in his eyes. Kocho only nods her head. She takes some blood samples from me. She rushes off to begin working on the antidote. Rengoku kneels down next to the bed, holding my non-injured hand. "Please hold on, L/N..." he said. I just smile weakly at him. I wince and let out a pained cry. My body eventually feels exhausted from the pain. I close my eyes as everything went dark.

Rengoku P.O.V

"L/N-San?" I called out. But she didn't respond. I feel panic growing in my heart. "Hey, L/N-San? Y/N... hey. Wake up! Don't do this to me!" I said. But again, I was met with silence. I bit my lips as I try to control myself. But I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. Kocho, hurry up.

Time-skip

I walk back and forth in L/N's room. The door opens which instantly catches my attention. I turn my head to see Kocho. I rushes over to her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"What took you so long?!" I said. She stares at me with a startled look. "I'm sorry... but is it done?" I asked. She smiles and nods her head. She lift her hand, showing a syringe in her hand.

"I got it done, Rengoku-San... now I just have to inject it to her" she said. I just nod my head. I move aside to let her treat L/N. I watch as L/N wince a little when the needle pierces her skin. I walk up to them and stands next to the bed. Kocho turns to look at me. "We got it in time. She should be okay now. But it's gonna take a while until she'd regain her consciousness" she said.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Kocho" I said. She smiles at me and turns around to walk away after stating that she has another patient to tend to. I turn to look at L/N. I take a seat on the edge of the bed. I gently grab her hand, holding it in both of my hands. I'm glad, L/N. I'm glad to know that you'll be okay.

*to be continued*