Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

She gently help me lay down on the bed. She pulls the blanket right up to my neck, leaning down to place a soft kiss on my forehead. I smile softly at her and closes my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep with only one question in my mind.

Where are you, Akaza-San?

-Overwhelmed-

Y/N P.O.V

The doctor told me that I have recovered. He told me that it's okay for me to leave the hospital. So both of my parents help take care of everything. Mother helps me change out of my hospital gown and into my normal clothes.

I stand by the window, staring outside. I smile softly as I stare at the sky. I can all the colors of everything. The skies, the trees, and flowers. Everything that used to be darkness for me. Now I can see them, just like everyone else.

"Y/N, dear..." a soft voice said. I turn my head to see mother. She walks over to me and cups my cheeks. She gently caress my s/c skin with her thumbs, wiping away the tears. "Why are you crying?" She asked, worriedly.

"I didn't even realize I was crying..." I said. She frown at what I said. I smile softly at her as I gently place my hands on top of hers, moving it from my cheeks. "But I'm fine, Mom. It's just a lot to take in right now. After years of only seeing things in darkness. I'm finally able to see... like you and dad" I said.

"Awe... come here, honey" she said, gently pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her waist, hugging her back. I place my head on her shoulder. She gently run her hand through my hair. "I'm sure you'd get used to it soon. Your father and I will be with you along the way, okay?" She said. I hum softly and nod my head.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I can sense that it's my Father. I'm glad my senses are still as sharp as from when I was blind. I pull away from Mother to look at him. He smiles at the two of us.

"Everything is settled. We can get going now" he said, placing a hand on top of my head. I smile softly at him. "Come on. Let's go home..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. Mother gently grabs my right hand, while Father grabs my left. The three of us starts to walk out of the Hospital room.

As we walk out of the hospital, I cover my eyes because of the sunlight hitting directly on my face. "It's a little too bright" I said. I can't even move my hand from my eyes because of how bright it is.

"Are you okay? Is the light hurting your eyes?" Father asked. I only nod my head. He quickly grab a piece of fabric from his haori, moving to stand behind me as he gently wrap it over my eyes. "Is that better?" He asked. I hear the worry in his tone. I just nod my head lightly. "We will take things slowly so you can get used to the brightness of the sun, okay?" He said.

"Okay..." I said, relaxing a little once it's not too bright. We start to walk again, making our way back home. My parents gently held my hands, just to make sure I didn't trip and fall. But my senses are still as sharp as they were when I was blind. Even so, I didn't say anything about it in worry that I might offend them.

***

"Here we are... home sweet home" Father said, as he and mother slowly guides me inside the house. I lift my hands, gently removing the fabric from my eyes. I stare around my house and a shaky smile starts to form on my face. Tears starts to gather in my eyes the as soon as I realize that nothing has changed from when I was little. Everything is just like how it was before I lost my sight.

"Oh, honey..." mother said. I turn to face her, pulling her into a hug. She returns my embrace. Her hand went up to my hair as she gently caresses my h/c hair. I start to cry softly. I still find it hard to believe that I finally been given the chance to see the world again.

"I know this must be a lot for you to take in right now. But I'm sure you'd get used to it?" Father said. I turn to look at him and nod my head, giving him a small smile. He smiles back as he steps closer, gently wrapping his arms around the two of us embracing me in a group hug. I place my head on his shoulder as I smile softly to myself.

"So what do you wish to do now?" Mother asked. I pull away to look at her. "You know to celebrate?" She said. I think about it for a moment before grinning happily. She raise an eyebrow as she turn to look at Father who also seems confused with my reaction.

Time-Skip

"I should have known... after all this is what you love to do the most even when you're blind" Father said. I turn to look at him and let out a soft giggle. I turn my gaze to look forward, basking my sight with the beautiful colors of beautiful flowers.

"They're so beautiful

"They're so beautiful..." I said, smiling softly as I stare at them. We chose to come here close to night time, so my eyes won't get overwhelmed by the sun. "I'm so happy that I'm finally able to see them, and not just smelling their scent" I said, smiling tearfully.

Mother wrap her arm around my shoulder. I smile softly at her and leans my head on her shoulder. "This is gonna be one of the most memorable moment in my life. I'll make sure that I'd never forget about this. I'll burn this scenery in my mind permanently" I said, turning to look at my parents. The two of them smiles at me.

I give them a close eyed smile, and turn to look forward. I move to stand up and let out a happy cheer, throwing my arms above my head. I turn to look at my parents and grins at them. I turn to look at my parents, waving at them. They return my gesture, making me grin. I turn to look at the night sky, finally feeling content. I'm truly happy, because I don't have to live in darkness anymore.

*to be continued*