Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

I feel a lone tear streaming down my right cheek, and the rest soon follows until I start to cry. "I'm sorry, Y/N-San. I can no longer accompany you... I can no longer be near you" I said. I lower my head down as I choke out a sob.

Forgive me...

-One Last Time-

Y/N P.O.V

Akaza and I are seated in our usual spot where I would sell flowers. He didn't utter a single words for a while. But I still sense his presence near me. "Hey, Akaza-San?" I called out. I hear a gasp as if he was surprised. "Are you okay? Why are you being so silent? It isn't like you to be so silent..." I asked, worriedly.

"O-Oh... yeah, I'm fine, Y/N-San" he said. I hum softly and nod my head. "I'm sorry for worrying you" he said. I shake my head lightly, to let him know it's alright. He feels a gentle pat on my head. That gestures makes my heart skips a beat.

I hear Akaza take a deep breath. "Hey, Y/N-San" he said. I hum softly to let him know I'm paying attention. "You'd be able to see soon after your surgery. I'm happy for that. But before you can see me... I'd like to make a few things clear with you. I don't want to keep it a secret anymore, and you should know about it before you see me with your eyes" he said. I hum softly, and nod my head to give him an okay sign to continue.

He's silent for a while and I feel a sense of nervousness coming from him. I didn't push him because I don't want to make him feel pressured or uncomfortable. I want him to go with his own pace.

"The truth is... w-well..." he stuttered out. I stay silent, waiting patiently for him to be ready to tell me what he wants to tell me. "I'm... not an ordinary human, Y/N-San..." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows at what he said. "I'm... I'm a demon..." he said. I stay silent for a while after he finally said it. I feel his nervousness intensifies.

"I know" I said. I hear a gasp coming from him. I feel a sense of shock radiating from his body. I smile softly to his direction. "I've always known, Akaza-San... I knew you are a demon since the day you came" I said.

"But... But how?" He asked. I hear the shock in his voice. I smile softly at what he said. "How did you know?" He asked again.

"Your aura feels different from the way others do. I may be blind. But I can see people's soul. While human's soul are white. Demons... theirs are red... that's how I know that you're a demon, Akaza-San" I said. I turn my head towards his direction.

I stare at his red soul

I stare at his red soul. The shade of his soul is the color of blood.

"Despite knowing that I'm a demon... you still let me be around you?" He said. I just nod my head smiling softly. "Why? Are you not scared that I'd try to hurt you?" He asked. 

"If you'd hurt me... you would have done that in the very beginning. But instead, you took care of me. You may be a demon, but you're a good demon..." I said. I life my hand, placing it on his cheek.

Akaza P.O.V

She caress my cheek with her thumb so gently. I close my eyes as I try to savor the feeling of her touch. "I feel a frown... what's wrong, Akaza-San?" She asked. I open my eyes to look at her. "I'm only able to see your soul. But I can't see your expression... but by touching your face, I feel a frown. Is something bothering you?" She said.

I give her a small smile. I'm pretty sure she can feel the smile because her hand hadn't left my cheek. "I'm fine, Y/N-San..." I said. I lift my hand, placing it on top of hers. I stare at her with a soft gaze as an innocent smile starts to form on her lips. "Can I hug you?" I asked.

"Eh?" She said. She seems to be caught by surprise by my sudden request. "Well, yeah. Of course" she said. I smile softly as I gently wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her close.

I gently place my chin on top of her head as I close my eyes. Tears starts to stream down my face as I hug her tightly, but not too tight because I don't want to ended up crushing her with my strength. After all, she's just a fragile human girl. My precious girl.

"Are you sure you're okay, Akaza-San? Your aura feels like... you're upset. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. I lightly shake my head. I didn't say a word and just continue to hold her as close as I could. I don't trust my voice right now, as it would have cracked if I try to utter a word. I just want to be able to be as close to her as possible.

***

Y/N P.O.V

It's been weeks since the day I last feel Akaza around me. After that day, he never came to visit me anymore. Did I do something to upset him? Is that why he decided to not visit me? What did I do so wrong?

Today is the day I'll be getting my eyes surgery. That's why I've been sitting on the hospital bed. The doctor has checked my health to make sure I'm ready to go through with the process.

"Are you ready, L/N-San?" A voice of a doctor said. I feel his presence on my right side. I turn my head a little towards his direction. "If you need some more time to mentally prepare... we can wait for another day" he said.

"No... I'm ready" I said. I move my body to lay down, on my back. "Do it, Doc" I said. I feel a gentle pat on my shoulder.

"Alright... I'll begin your surgery. But first, let's put you to sleep so you won't feel any pain" he said. I just nod my head. I feel something cold being rubbed on my forearm. I wince in pain when something small yet sharp is pierced through my skin. I assume it's a syringe. I start to feel sleepy not long after.

Akaza... why did you leave? You promised that you'd make sure you'll be among the first people I'd see. But the day I finally receive my surgery... you're gone.

I slowly close my eyes as a lone tear slip out of my right eye. The drug starts to take effect as I start to feel sleepy. So I just let the sleepiness take over me, letting myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*