Chapter 28

Previously on Chapter 27

"And if I let you die. It would mean I broke the promise I made to Akaza that I will keep you safe" he said. I bit my lips as I feel tears slowly streams down my cheeks at the mention of Akaza's name. He would be heartbroken if I die. I'm so selfish for thinking about myself. I didn't even think of who'd get affected the most if I had died. Forgive me, Akaza. I miss you so much... I wanna see you again.

-A Heartfelt Reunion-

Y/N P.O.V

Kyoujuro and I walk towards the Headquarter. I still have to meet with Oyakata-Sama and get his approval to be staying here. I don't want to be a trespasser. Along the way, my nerve is spiraling out of control. He might welcomed me before, but that was before I was turned into a demon. Would he welcome me now?

"You've been fidgeting a lot... are you okay, Y/N-San?" I hear a voice next to me. I turn my head to see Kyoujuro staring at me with a concern gaze. I let out a sigh and turn my head to look down. "You're nervous, are you?" He said. I just nod my head to his question.

"I am... what if Oyakata-Sama didn't welcome me anymore now that I've became a demon?" I said. He lift his hand, gently patting my head. I turn my head to look at him again. He sends me a comforting smile.

"I highly doubt that. He's a very understanding person, remember? He also accepted young Kamado's sister, and she's a demon. I'm sure it would be the same for you" he said. I just give him a small smile in appreciation of his attempt to comfort me.

I turn my head to look at the sky. The sun is still up. I'm still surprised that the sun didn't burn me anymore. I've no idea how it's possible for me to walk under the sun. It just didn't make sense, seeing how I'm a demon. But I'm immune to sunlight. But I'm glad nonetheless.

A While Later

Kyoujuro and I are now standing in front of the entrance of Oyakata-Sama's house. I stare at the gate, feeling my nerve coming back. I turn my head to look at Kyoujuro as he waits for me to mentally prepare myself. I just send him a light nod, to let him know I'm ready. He smiles at me, trying to assure me that it would be okay and walks ahead. I take a deep breath and quietly follows close behind him.

The moment we reached the grounds, everyone is all here. I feel my nerve coming back as I try to push it down. They turn their heads to look at me. I bit my lips, worrying how they would react.

"Y-Y/N-Chan..." Kanroji said. She burst into tears as she rushes over to me, throwing her arms around me. I stumble a little, but managed to regain my stability so we don't end up falling over. "I'm so glad... you're back, Y/N-Chan!! And you're safe too!" She cried out, as she hugs me tightly.

"Kanroji-Chan... you don't hate me?" I asked. She pulls away to look at me. I back away a little as I gesture at myself. "I mean, look at me. I've turned into a demon. I'm a monster..." I said, looking down in sadness. I flinch when I feel a flick on my forehead. I place my hand on my forehead as I give her a look of surprise.

She has a deep frown on her face. "What makes you think I'm going to hate you, Y/N-Chan?" She said. I just stare at her without saying anything. She walks over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "You're one of my precious friend. Demon or not..." she said, giving me a soft close-eyed smile.

I choke out a sob at her choice of words. "Thank you, Kanroji-Chan" I said, smiling softly at her with tears gathering in my eyes. I wrap my arms around her as I pull her into a hug. I make sure not to hug too tight since I don't want to crush her.

"Step away from her, Kanroji" a stern voice said. I turn my head to see Iguro. His eyes reflects his emotions. He is not happy with me. It's shown clearly. "We can't keep accepting demons into our headquarter. If we keep this going, all the demons will think they'd have a right to be here" he said.

"Iguro-San... that's not a nice thing to say!" Kanroji-Chan said. For a moment, I notice Iguro's eyes soften at her comment. Which lets me know that he has feelings for the love Hashira. She turn to look at me and gently pat my head. "Don't mind him, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I just give her a small smile.

Even though she said that. I can't help but think of what Iguro said. I can't deny what he said. He's right about it. First Nezuko and now me. If they keep on welcoming demons like us, more demons will think they have the rights to be here.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see it's Kyoujuro. "Kanroji is right. Don't mind what Iguro said. I'm sure deep down he didn't mean what he said" he said, smiling brightly at me. I hear a scoff coming from Iguro. I turn my head to see him staring at me with an irritated gaze. I'm pretty sure he meant what he said.

"So... is it true, Y/N-Chan?" I hear Kanroji said. Her face is slightly closer to mine. I tilt my head slightly as I stare at her in confusion. "Is it true that you and...you know? The Upper Moon 3... um..." she said, in a hushed voice. She walks closer to me, leaning her lips close to my left ear. "Dating?" She whispered. I blink my eyes at what she said.

"It's... true" I said, nodding my head. I lift my hand and places it on the pendant Akaza have put back on around my neck. Kanroji gaze at the necklace for a few seconds and turn to look at me. I just give her a small smile. I'm not sure how she's going to react. First, I got turned into a demon, now I revealed that I'm in a relationship with an Upper Moon.

"That's so sweet!!" She exclaimed. I blink my eyes at her reaction. I was not expecting her to react that way. "So... is he hot? But he's a strong one, right? Is he mean??" She asked numerous questions at once. She's also talking in a high-pitched while staring at me with an excited face. I panicked at her sudden change of tone. I turn to look around to see the other Hashira's are all staring at us with confusion shown on each of their faces.

Kanroji becomes flustered. I just let out a nervous laugh. I wave it off, hoping they wouldn't pry some answers from us. I certainly aren't ready to reveal the fact that I'm with an Upper Moon demon.

*to be continued*