Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

Tears starts falling from my eyes as I stare at her face. I lean my forehead against hers. I promise, Y/N. No matter how hard the task is... no matter how impossible it is. I'll try my hardest to fulfill it. No matter how far-fetched it seems...

I'll fight for you

-It'll Be Alright-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes, making contact with a pair of yellow eyes. My eyes widen as I sit straighter. "Akaza?" I said. He smiles softly at me and nod his head. I choke out a sob as I throw my arms around his neck. I bury my face into the crook of his neck.

"Forgive me... I brought you into this mess..." he said, in a hushed tone as he held me close. I just hug him tighter, not wanting to let go as I'm afraid he'd disappear. I feel him gently running his hand through my hair. "I should have stayed away from you. Now he's after you, Y/N" he said.

I pull away to look at him. He stares at me with tears in his eyes. He lift his hands, cupping my cheeks. "Muzan-Sama wants you for himself. We made a deal, Y/N. If I can find him what he asked for... he would let you go. I promise I will fix this mess" he said.

"What deal did you made with him, Akaza? What did he asked you to find?" I asked. He just stays silent for a few seconds as he contemplate whether to tell me. "Well? Tell me... maybe we can find it together" I said. He let out a sigh and moves his hands from my cheeks.

"He told me if I can find him the Blue Spider Lily, the flower he had been searching for the past centuries. If I succeed, he would let you go. But if I failed... he'd have you" he said. My eyes widen at what he said. I shake my head in utter disbelief at the deal he had made with the King of Demons.

"You're kidding, right?" I said. He stares at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Akaza... do you know why you're not able to find the Blue Spider Lily, after such a long time?" I asked, He shakes his head lightly to let me know he didn't. I scoff in disbelief as I shake my head.

"That's because the Blue Spider Lily only blooms under the sunlight, Akaza! The time when demons can't step a foot outside because of the sunlight! This is certainly asking for the IMPOSSIBLE!" I exclaimed in a high tone. His eyes widen at what I said.

"I can't help you either because I'm a demon. And the fact that you made a deal with him regarding of this matter. That he can have his claim on me if you fail to look for the Blue Spider Lily? Are... are you trying to sell me off?" I said. I stare at him with tears in my eyes.

His eyes widen at what I said. He shakes his head. "No, Y/N... I wouldn't. You mean so much to me" he said. He tried to hold me but I back away. He stares at me with a sad gaze. "I swear, Y/N. I don't know about the fact that the Blue Spider Lily only blooms in daylight. I'm sorry for making this stupid choice! It wasn't my intention. You have to believe me, Y/N" he said. His voice sounds desperate as he stares at me with a pleading gaze.

"If I had known about this. I wouldn't have agreed with his deal. But if I don't make any agreements at all. You wouldn't be here with me, and he would already have his claim on you. I don't know what to do! P-Please Y/N... d-don't be mad" he pleaded. He drops on his knees as he starts to have a breakdown, while staring at me with a pleading gaze. My eyes soften at what he said.

"Akaza..." I muttered. I walk towards him, kneeling in front of him. I cup his cheeks, turning his head to look at me. "I'm sorry for what I said. I was just panicking..." I said. He just pulls me into a tight hug, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

"I swear it wasn't my intention. Please believe me" he said. I just nod my head. I wrap my arms around his neck. One hand on his head, as I gently caress his hair. He hugs me tightly as if he's afraid I might get snatch away from him.

I feel so bad for making him feel this way. But I was just scared. How are we supposed to find the Blue Spider Lily when we're both demons and that flower only blooms under the sun?

***

Akaza held my hand as we make our way through the rocky pathway. He told me that he wants to take me somewhere. But he didn't tell me where.

"Can't you tell me where we're heading to, Akaza?" I asked. He turn his head to look at me. He lightly shakes his head, asking me to just believe him. I huffed at his secretive act. The only thing he told me is that this is a part of his plan. I don't know what's on his mind.

"Alright... we're here..." he said, after a while. I stare at him in confusion. I look around to realize we're in the middle of a flower field. "And he's finally here" he said.

"Who?" I asked, turning to look at him. He focus his gaze towards a certain direction. I turn my head to following his line of sight. I furrowed my eyebrows when my eyes landed on a figure who stands not too far from where we are. "Kyoujuro?" I said.

"Hey, Y/N..." he said, giving me a soft smile. I turn my head to look at Akaza as he keeps his focus on Kyoujuro. I turn my head to look at the Flame Hashira again. "He told me what's happening... so I came to take you with me" he said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"What's the meaning of this, Akaza?" I said, turning my head to look at Akaza. He turned his head to look at me. "You were so adamant to take me with you, because I just turned into a demon. Now you want me to go with him??" I exclaimed.

"Y/N... listen to me" he said, gently grabbing a hold of my hand that I had pulled away. "I thought that taking you with me would be the best option... but look where it got us. You're safer with him..." he said, gesturing to Kyoujuro.

"You're joking..." I said. I move my hand from his and backs away. "Tell me you're joking! Are you trying to push me away?" I asked. He walks closer to me. But I shake my head.

"Of course not. This is just temporary, Y/N. I'll come for you again once I fixed this mess. I promise..." he said. I just stare at him with a sad expression. He walks closer to me, this time I didn't make a move or gesture to stop him. He pulls me close once he's close enough. "Please believe me..." he whispered.

"He'll kill you... that man will kill you if you do this, Akaza" I said. I pull away slightly to look at him. I stare at him with tears in my eyes. "If I go with Kyoujuro... that man is not going to be happy about it" I said.

"I don't care... as long as you're safe" he said, cupping my cheek tenderly with his hand. He leans down and gently place a soft kiss on my forehead. "I promise... I will come back for you once I fixed our situation, okay? Just go with Kyoujuro. I'm sure he'll keep you safe" he said. I turn my head to look at Kyoujuro. He lift his hand as if inviting me to come over to him and take it. I turn my head to look at Akaza. "I love you, Y/N..." he said.

"I love you too, Akaza..." I said. He smiles as tears start to fall from his eyes. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes as I kisses him back. "Please promise me this isn't forever?" I said.

"I promise. This is not forever..." he said, leaning his forehead against mine. He pulls away to place a kiss on my forehead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, trying to savor the feeling. I feel tears streams down my cheeks.

"Hey... it'll be alright. I will fix this mess..." he said. I just nod my head, giving him a small smile. He backs away from me and gesture for Kyoujuro to come closer. He walks up to us, standing next to me. "I'll leave her to you, Kyoujuro. I trust that you'd take good care of her" he said.

"Yeah, of course" Kyoujuro said. Akaza turns to look at me and smiles. He gives my cheek a gentle peck. I smile sadly at him as he lift his hand, gently wiping away the tears from my face.

"Goodbye for now, Y/N. I'll come back for you" he said. I just nod my head. He turns around and walks away. I just watch silently as his figure gradually becomes smaller the further he went. The moment he's out of sight, I burst into tears.

Kyoujuro pulls me close in his arms. I just bury my face in his chest as he held me close. I turn my head slightly to look at the spot Akaza went off to. Goodbye for now, Akaza. I know you'll come back for me. No matter how long it will take...

I will wait for you

*to be continued*